Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Perhaps try a standard flesh-tone FTC Hulk body, or combining the two whilst restringing?

The FTC skinny and super-poseable muscle bodies are problematic IMO.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Confessional
      Ok, Grodd arrived with superfast delivery (Yay for Ape Xmas!), and he's really a fun addition to the Ape hive.

Unfortunately this has to be the worst body ever! His knees are floppy like a old worn out Cipsa and his arms naturally pull back behind his body with really odd tension/hardware. He's not posable much like my experience with the early CTVT Mad Monsters… just a strange contorted mess, but much more disappointing with the $30 price tag.

So, I need to save the Gorilla! Is there a good replacement big body? I think he feet and hands can be removed without damage and the head is squishy enough. Anyone rebuilt one of these shabby FTC bods with good results?
      Guess this means he get's transferred to an S-type then......nothing like collecting these and expecting quality while being forced to change the bodies out every stinking time.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
        Guess this means he get's transferred to an S-type then......nothing like collecting these and expecting quality while being forced to change the bodies out every stinking time.
        well, this I gotta see.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

Since he was in need of significant (GRRR!) repair, I figured I might as well offer a little show and tell…

Had to cut out and replace a non-functional knee rivet with a wood dowel, replace the left wrist (only a tiny weak piece of plastic set in that funky middle connection) pin with steel music wire to match the functionality of the right (which appropriately had a metal pin), and rebuild his guts using longer bands and original Mego hip pins and hardware. Amazing after all these years, the original parts are so much more effective and more stable in repair/replacement.

… and after several hours of surgery, Grodd is finally at work in Ape City!

For what it's worth I've contacted (and awaiting reply) FTC requesting a replacement body… also saw Doc has one available too. <Hmmm!>

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

He looks freakin' amazing! My favorite FTC in a long time. As soon as I see some Scooby guys and Grundy reviews, I'm placing my order. Thanks for posting pics.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Superfriends- Just need Hawkman

100_8451.jpg

Comment

• pmwasson
                Maker
                • Sep 12, 2007

Wow! That is a great lineup.
                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• megowgsh
                  Customego HoF Curator
                  • Nov 19, 2003

And GIGANTA!
                  Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by Confessional
                    For what it's worth I've contacted (and awaiting reply) FTC requesting a replacement body… also saw Doc has one available too. <Hmmm!>
                    Reply from FTC this morn' that they are sending me a new body… that's good customer service!

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

So Grodd's suit....there is enough Give in it at the Shoulders for him to say be posed in an overhead Bench Press kind of pose?
                      ( think if say he was going to hurl SF Robin from over his head like this)
                      790e1ae1843e59086892fa94f98ace20--marvel-heroes-marvel-dc.jpg
                      When I say give, I mean if he was posed like that his suit would not ride down his forearms exposing the skin underneath....
                      that's what's making me hesitant on buying one, is that the figure would not be super posable.....
                      ( well that, and the body issues you mentioned)
                      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Confessional
                        Maker & Whatnot
                        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Yes, the suit is not tight on the body which allows plenty of coverage.

I received a replacement body yesterday; fast and much appreciated from FTC. Interestingly is has two metal wrist pins (instead of only one like the first body), tight knees and only one of two fuX0red arms/shoulders. Three outta four issues improved, suppose that's not too bad! Grodd on!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

I got a muscle body that is actually pretty good, metal knee and wrist pins
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Goblin19
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 2, 2002

Got Grodd today. One of my favorite ReMego figures, so far. Very well executed figure, especially since it's a difficult one to get right.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

Grodd is done simple and effective and likely just how Mego would've done it. One of my favourite remegos of all time.
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

It's interesting to see SF Grundy vs. DC Grundy. I wonder how a DC Grodd would look?
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎