Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

This thread started Dec. 18 2 months ago when the original poster got the BBTS email notice that Deadpool 2 set was cancelled.

Marvel might have been shopping around the Mego Marvel license since then or longer and another company like FTC could already have it waiting to announce it in 2018. Soon I hope.

DST has been done with Mego Star Trek for a few years, surprised no one else has picked that up.

Comment

• wise guy
      Career Member
      • Dec 29, 2014

I don't know what's going on with Marvel but CTV Toys keeps adding stuff like Ironman
      boots, gloves,belt and Goblin boots etc.They did the same thing before they got the
      DC rights with Superman, Shazam, Robin heads etc. I remember Mattel and Emce
      ending the DC remegos with all hope gone (no more DC ) than Figures got the rights

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

At toynewsi.com in a 20 minutes Toy Fair video DST tour at the end Zach Oat says DST is not doing Mego Marvel sets anymore because of the $80 price point which was hard to sell.

I would pay $60-65 for a single figure in a window box in a plastic clamshell maybe with a comic book reprint like Toy Biz Marvel Legends. Mezco One:12 are $80.

If FTC is offered the license again FTC should take it because FTC would even make premium price Mego Marvel figures work.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by ovenmitt
          At toynewsi.com in a 20 minutes Toy Fair video DST tour at the end Zach Oat says DST is not doing Mego Marvel sets anymore because of the $80 price point which was hard to sell.

I would pay $60-65 for a single figure in a window box in a plastic clamshell maybe with a comic book reprint like Toy Biz Marvel Legends. Mezco One:12 are $80.

If FTC is offered the license again FTC should take it because FTC would even make premium price Mego Marvel figures work.
          FTC doesn't have to wait to be offered the license. FTC would simply have to go pay for the license to get it.
          Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Feb 24, '18, 8:01 PM. Reason: Me no write good.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

Then as Spider-Man, Iceman and Firestar said "Go for it!"

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

FTC would really have to up their game to warrant those kind of prices. Shoddy female and skinny bodies, too big heads, flat heads, crosseyed paint apps, baggy suits. That kind of poor QC will not go over well at double the price they charge now. I am really having a hard time justifying the 30 dollar price tag with them.
              Last edited by thunderbolt; Feb 26, '18, 4:30 AM.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

... because FTC would even make premium price Mego Marvel figures work.

Buy what you like of course, but let's be brutally honest, FTC is barely making DC figures "work." Their QC is not there and never will be, and the price point keeps creeping up. Emce/DST headsculpts were light years ahead of FTC.

I have full confidence if FTC decides to do repros of vintage Mego Marvel. After that, ehhhhh.

And I have little sympathy for DST, they mismanaged this line woefully IMO--see my post above.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jan 22, 2018

I really hope FTC takes on (at least!) the Marvel Megos from the 70's!
                  https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• wise guy
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 29, 2014

I don't think Diamond head sculpts like Wolverine , modern Capt A ,and Spiderman, were very good and resin is outdated so ( light years a head) is a stretch . Dr Fate turned out
                    better than any Diamond figure (except Deadpool) in my opinion and I hope Ironman
                    be in FTC first wave

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ The Diamond Mego figures did not have resin heads.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        ^^^ The Diamond Mego figures did not have resin heads.
                        ...but doesn't Dr. Fate? I opened him recently and was really disappointed in the hard head and rough sculpture, like Babs Gordon and a few more FTC head sculpts from around that time.

The DST Marvel heads, while not always my favorite sculpts (I agree with wise guy on modern Captain America), had the right quality material, and that wasn't resin, like thunderbolt said.

But for me, the DST Marvel sets had enough of issues of their own to make me not love them, even at the $60 a pop that I paid for them.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Oh, I think the DST sets are far from perfect, just much better than most FTC efforts.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                            Mego obsessed!!!
                            • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by wise guy
                            I don't think Diamond head sculpts like Wolverine , modern Capt A ,and Spiderman, were very good and resin is outdated so ( light years a head) is a stretch . Dr Fate turned out
                            better than any Diamond figure (except Deadpool) in my opinion and I hope Ironman
                            be in FTC first wave
                            I think the guy who sculpted those heads did a kick *** job!!! Way better than any open mouth FTC sculpt! My fave is Deadpool and Daredevil!
                            Very disappointed to hear that the Marvel ReMegos will not continue. Not very interested in FTC's products much anymore.
                            Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

DD is possibly my favorite reMego head ever, it's the character I most wanted as a child and IMO it's perfect. I liked all the DST sculpts, barring Cap's long neck. The paints jobs are a disservice to them.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 26, 2009

What's former DC Direct sculptor Tim Bruckner up to now? He did the Captain Action Thor and Wolverine masks.And if Mattel ever loses DC license would 4 Horsemen sculpt Mego heads?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎