Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

I sure hope FTC gets the Marvel and Trek license. There are so many characters to be made. Too bad DST did not embrace this format. They are highly collectable, but they overpriced the 8 inch scale and doomed it to fail with the 80.00 price point. I am eternally optimistic, please FTC or someone - pick up the 8 inch line of Marvel and Trek.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

FTC would be offered the same license parameters from Hasbro.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

We can only wish upon a star that after Disney and Marvel saw $80 sets did not work and ended them that they offer FTC something new this time with FTC success with DC Megos.
        Last edited by ovenmitt; Feb 19, '18, 3:15 PM.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          FTC would be offered the same license parameters from Hasbro.
          I highly doubt it. Why would they want to repeat what was obviously a failure? I realize FTC isn't perfect, but man they sell the CRAP out of those DC figures. Marvel would be stupid not to follow that example.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

That's the license that Hasbro offers. It has nothing to do with Marvel or DST. I've heard rumors that another company went for the license with confidence they could alter the deal due to previous clout and couldn't. They got offered the 80$ collector figure license again, same as DST.

Furthermore, the money generated by remego figures is chump change to Hasbro and Marvel. It's obvious to me they couldn't care less about what it brings in.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
              ... FTC isn't perfect, but man they sell the CRAP out of those DC figures.
              And yet, somehow some of the crappiness lingers...
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                And yet, somehow some of the crappiness lingers...
                Zing!!!

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Trek is an interesting match. It is a line that is made for variants (same costume, different head... same head, different costume...) and for whatever reason, EMCE seemed reluctant to do them. But FTC *loves* variants.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I don't want any FTC Treks unless they reuse vintage head sculpts and hire a new sculptor.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Lame!!

Comment

• ovenmitt
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 26, 2009

I have most of 90s Playmates 9" Star Trek Mego like figures and there were 89 different figures 10 of which were different versions of Kirk and almost as many of Picard. PM covered all 4 Trek TV shows at the time and the 1st 3 Next Generation movies. There was even Pike, Chapel, Edith Keeler and Mirror, Mirror variants. I wanted more classic aliens but 3 of those were in the 12" line. PM does everything with a license like Trek, TMNT and the Simpsons.

I would love for FTC to do the same with Mego 8" Star Trek and maybe 12" too. All Trek TV shows and movies. Well maybe not Enterprise TV and the new Trek movies. Hee hee.

And on Marvel Hasbro has made up to 18" Marvel figures. FTC would be lucky to get 8" Mego Marvel I doubt 12" too.

Mego WGSH = DC AND Marvel
                        Last edited by ovenmitt; Feb 19, '18, 6:40 PM.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

I'd be cool with FTC Trek. The results wouldn't be as nice as EMCE, but man they would kill it with accessories and variants.

FTC Marvel....How about they QC their current license before bottoming out the entire format?

Comment

• tllgn
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 6, 2010

if emce diamond select did black panther ,the line might have a slightly longer life. they missed the boat that they didnt miss with deadpoole when the movies
                            came out ,i cant help but wonder why they didnt do black panther ? (not the movie of course ,but the classic comic book).
                            if FTC actually did marvel ( i know loooonnngg shot) can you imagine how many charactors they would do +variants .i look at all these great DC figures -and theres a lot ,the figures
                            would be overwhelming to have in a collection along with DC.but i would try and collect them all it would be nice to have both marvel and dc under the same umbrella ,with
                            hanna barbara superheros their doing to truly call them the worlds greatest superheros then just worlds greatest heros .as for trek ,i have all but two of the playmates "9 line.and
                            although their good ,would still like more "8"mego trek figures from all series and films ,i have the Emce figures ,FTC would run wild with that property'would like planet of the apes
                            retros also i have the emce apes and neca (but necas are not mego to me) but a FTC series of apes would be nice .

Comment

• tllgn
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 6, 2010

......and then there was one ..FTC doing retro mego figures

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

It's all about obtaining the licensing rights, I'm not sure how FTC would work Star Trek? maybe the same way as the 66 Batman series, releasing sets of 4 characters at a time, and please NO AJ redshirts. If FTC did get the Marvel license, they would make a killing, but don't count on the body quality to be any different.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎