X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
    When something sells out of the manufacturers warehouse, it sold out. I sold out of my #1 book recently.

Consumers can still probably find a copy at Wal-Mart or Indigo or 500 other retailers in the meantime but I, the manufacturer, ain't got no mo.

That's sold out, that's success.
    Not so. All it really means is retailers got stuck with a non-selling product instead of the manufacturer. The result of that is always the same. Retailers don't reorder said product and new product gets canceled.

(Talking about Deadpool, not your book)
    Last edited by enyawd72; Jan 15, '18, 8:11 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by enyawd72
      Not so. All it really means is retailers got stuck with a non-selling product instead of the manufacturer. The result of that is always the same. Retailers don't reorder said product and new product gets canceled.

(Talking about Deadpool, not your book)

Not at all, it's sold out at the manufacturer and that is the benchmark.

The notion that all the retailers "got stuck with" the product is specious because we both don't know what the actual retail sell through is. Is it half? two thirds? 100% at retail is incredibly rare.

The fact is, most niche collectible items operate on 1-2 turns per annum, at best, at specialty retail. So things sell out all the time but sure, they can be found at retail, that includes anything by FTC that they;re out of.

Also, yeah, maybe it was a matter of "too soon" for another Deadpool, that's entirely possible. Maybe retailers couldn't see the difference or the value in the set. The other sets were too slow to justify another, i mean these things would get graded on line performance, Also, DST may be pouring resources into something with higher margins that sells to a broader market.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I just do not get the other two outfits. If they offered the classic X-men outfit & the Deadpool/Captain America outfit many it would have had a better chance.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• drogge
          Career Member
          • Jul 24, 2009

Is line finished? I hope not. We need Dr Strange, Luke Cage, Ms Marvel, She-Hulk, and so much more.

Comment

• jayraytee
            Career Member
            • May 27, 2011

If the next figure is cancelled, do we think they would make one after the cancelled one? I doubt it.
            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

They should have done Black Panther to go with movie popularity

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^See, that's what's most disappointing to me with this line. They should have had 2-3 releases a year, at least partially jibing with MCU films as an assistive cross-sell. We could have had Iron Man, Ant-Man. Dr. Strange, Falcon, Black Panther, maybe Vision or Hawkeye.

That, and no villains at all, saddens me.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  They should have had 2-3 releases a year, at least partially jibing with MCU films as an assistive cross-sell. We could have had Iron Man, Ant-Man. Dr. Strange, Falcon, Black Panther, maybe Vision or Hawkeye.
                  That's the million dolla question. I never expected a Hulk, FF or female character as I tended to believe it was an ROI deal; all-new tooling outstrips the return possible. But, how could Iron Man cost more than Thor? Strange more than Wolverine? Panther more than Deadpool?

I think we're at the kickstart point. Maybe we could get Doc and another bigger group - 4H, Super7 - to try a joint venture that Hasbro can't strangle to death.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

^Good luck with that.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Well, it's all armchair-quarterbacking at this point. I supported the line as best I could in the same way I patronize FTC: primarily as custom fodder.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

was there any retro megos displayed at diamond select or bif bang pows booths at toy fair 2018 ??

Comment

• ovenmitt
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 26, 2009

On Facebook DST answered my question:

Me: So, DST Retro Mego Marvel 8" figure sets have ended? 2018 2nd Deadpool set was cancelled and no sets were on display at Toy Fair. Please lmk.

DST: Yes

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

That's pretty sad but we saw this coming with number of sets dropping off to none.
                            If Figures Toys doesn't get the liscence like they did when Mattel discontinued the
                            DC retros, than Marvel remegos are no more . I hope Figures gets Star Trek remegos too
                            for same reason

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by wise guy
                              That's pretty sad but we saw this coming with number of sets dropping off to none.
                              If Figures Toys doesn't get the liscence like they did when Mattel discontinued the
                              DC retros, than Marvel remegos are no more . I hope Figures gets Star Trek remegos too
                              for same reason
                              Me too...I can't even imagine how cool FTC Trek would be...I'm sure they would do tons of aliens, probably the environmental space suits, dress uniforms, you name it.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 26, 2009

I suggested Mego Star Trek to FTC if DST is done with it. All Trek TV shows and movies. Does McFarlane Star Trek license prevent this?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎