Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Someone on Facebook asked Doc if it was canceled,he said it was news to him.

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

Bummer. I would’ve bought it for the regular Deadpool and sold the pirate stuff.
      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by jayraytee
        Not sure how that would be determined without knowing final sales numbers of each figure, which we don't.
        Supposedly they made the same of all the sets. DP sold out everywhere within a few weeks. You can still get any of the other sets relatively easy. Also pretty sure AskDST said it was the best selling, so yeah pretty easy to correlate.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

No interest in this character choice but hopefully doesn't mean end of this line. Still hoping to see some more retro characters never done by Marvel.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• jayraytee
            Career Member
            • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by ODBJBG
            Supposedly they made the same of all the sets. DP sold out everywhere within a few weeks. You can still get any of the other sets relatively easy. Also pretty sure AskDST said it was the best selling, so yeah pretty easy to correlate.
            Except that "sold out" is a loaded term. A product can be "sold out" from the manufacturer meaning that distributors have purchased all the figures, but that doesn't mean all the distributors have sold all the products. There are a lot of outlets still sitting on figures that have not sold. I know of several stores that still have dead pool for sale.

For example, I work with some music acts and produce CDs and DVDs, they are manufactured and then a distributor can pick them up and distribute them to stores. The band can be "sold out" of the product meaning they have none left, but eventually whatever doesn't sell in the stores can come back to the band as the stores return them to the distributor.
            Last edited by jayraytee; Jan 8, '18, 1:05 PM.
            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

Certainly it's possible that DST or independent distributors are sitting on piles of unsold Deadpools. But most the major retailers sold out of the DP sets and while you can still find them through some 3rd party sellers and a handful of larger E-tailers, they certainly seemed to move a lot quicker and better in most places than the previous sets. I'll take DST's word and the other evidence on this one. It clearly sold well. It seems pretty obvious the entire reason a second DP was planned to be issued was the popularity of the character and the first set. But your mileage may vary.

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

Today on Ebay there are over a dozen resellers selling the Deadpool set(some with multiples) as well as BBTS, EE , and Amok time all in stock. My local comic shop also
                had him in stock this week . No need for more of something not selling out

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

When something sells out of the manufacturers warehouse, it sold out. I sold out of my #1 book recently.

Consumers can still probably find a copy at Wal-Mart or Indigo or 500 other retailers in the meantime but I, the manufacturer, ain't got no mo.

That's sold out, that's success.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                    When something sells out of the manufacturers warehouse, it sold out. I sold out of my #1 book recently.

Consumers can still probably find a copy at Wal-Mart or Indigo or 500 other retailers in the meantime but I, the manufacturer, ain't got no mo.

That's sold out, that's success.
                    If this was Facebook, I would give this comment the thumbs up.

Plus, it saved me from having to type the same thing but much less eloquently.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• drogge
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 24, 2009

I don't think this set has been canceled, it's still on preorder at many other sites, like Amazon and Entertainment Earth. It shows sold out at Big Bad Toystore.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                        Mego obsessed!!!
                        • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by drogge
                        I don't think this set has been canceled, it's still on preorder at many other sites, like Amazon and Entertainment Earth. It shows sold out at Big Bad Toystore.
                        Buy Marvel Deadpool Version 2 8-Inch Retro Action Figure Set at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!
                        Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

BBTS has Pirate Deadpool set pre orders sold out, not cancelled( as of today) and Amok time is still taking them. BBTS has limits to some pre orders but it looks like Pirate Deadpool
                          is still coming in 2018

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

I hope it gets released! And a whole lot of other sets...

Comment

• ODBJBG
                              Permanent Member
                              • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by wise guy
                              BBTS has Pirate Deadpool set pre orders sold out, not cancelled( as of today) and Amok time is still taking them. BBTS has limits to some pre orders but it looks like Pirate Deadpool
                              is still coming in 2018
                              Wouldn't count on it. BBTS is the one that sent out the notices that this set was cancelled. They also list DST's TMNT Classic Minimates as "sold out" but they were cancelled. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...nDetails/52249

Usually when DST cancels something, it takes a couple months for all the retailers to get notice. EE is usually one of the last.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 26, 2009

In today's Ask DST in reply to email I sent on December 7 which was 11 days before this thread started asking if Retro Marvel sets are ending in 2018 DSTChuck replied "I think for sure the 80.00 price point is difficult. However, that is all that is available to us. Honestly I do not know if there will be any sets in 2018, we'll have to see."

I called BBTS this morning and was told DST told BBTS that 2nd Deadpool set is discontinued no one will carry it.

I hope there is good news for Mego Marvel in 2018 which is 45th anniversary of 1973 1st Marvel Megos Captain America and Spider-Man. Maybe we can get a Reb Brown Cap and Nicholas Hammond Spidey, too! lol

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎