Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: DST Deadpool 2 canceled

Certainly it's possible that DST or independent distributors are sitting on piles of unsold Deadpools. But most the major retailers sold out of the DP sets and while you can still find them through some 3rd party sellers and a handful of larger E-tailers, they certainly seemed to move a lot quicker and better in most places than the previous sets. I'll take DST's word and the other evidence on this one. It clearly sold well. It seems pretty obvious the entire reason a second DP was planned to be issued was the popularity of the character and the first set. But your mileage may vary.

Today on Ebay there are over a dozen resellers selling the Deadpool set(some with multiples) as well as BBTS, EE , and Amok time all in stock. My local comic shop also
    had him in stock this week . No need for more of something not selling out

Blog Entries
    When something sells out of the manufacturers warehouse, it sold out. I sold out of my #1 book recently.

Consumers can still probably find a copy at Wal-Mart or Indigo or 500 other retailers in the meantime but I, the manufacturer, ain't got no mo.

That's sold out, that's success.

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    When something sells out of the manufacturers warehouse, it sold out. I sold out of my #1 book recently.

Consumers can still probably find a copy at Wal-Mart or Indigo or 500 other retailers in the meantime but I, the manufacturer, ain't got no mo.

That's sold out, that's success.
    If this was Facebook, I would give this comment the thumbs up.

Plus, it saved me from having to type the same thing but much less eloquently.

I don't think this set has been canceled, it's still on preorder at many other sites, like Amazon and Entertainment Earth. It shows sold out at Big Bad Toystore.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drogge View Post
    I don't think this set has been canceled, it's still on preorder at many other sites, like Amazon and Entertainment Earth. It shows sold out at Big Bad Toystore.
    https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...d=ME-002202116

BBTS has Pirate Deadpool set pre orders sold out, not cancelled( as of today) and Amok time is still taking them. BBTS has limits to some pre orders but it looks like Pirate Deadpool
    is still coming in 2018

I hope it gets released! And a whole lot of other sets...

Quote Originally Posted by wise guy View Post
    BBTS has Pirate Deadpool set pre orders sold out, not cancelled( as of today) and Amok time is still taking them. BBTS has limits to some pre orders but it looks like Pirate Deadpool
    is still coming in 2018
    Wouldn't count on it. BBTS is the one that sent out the notices that this set was cancelled. They also list DST's TMNT Classic Minimates as "sold out" but they were cancelled. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...nDetails/52249

Usually when DST cancels something, it takes a couple months for all the retailers to get notice. EE is usually one of the last.

In today's Ask DST in reply to email I sent on December 7 which was 11 days before this thread started asking if Retro Marvel sets are ending in 2018 DSTChuck replied "I think for sure the 80.00 price point is difficult. However, that is all that is available to us. Honestly I do not know if there will be any sets in 2018, we'll have to see."

I called BBTS this morning and was told DST told BBTS that 2nd Deadpool set is discontinued no one will carry it.

I hope there is good news for Mego Marvel in 2018 which is 45th anniversary of 1973 1st Marvel Megos Captain America and Spider-Man. Maybe we can get a Reb Brown Cap and Nicholas Hammond Spidey, too! lol