Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: DST Deadpool 2 canceled

This thread started Dec. 18 2 months ago when the original poster got the BBTS email notice that Deadpool 2 set was cancelled.

Marvel might have been shopping around the Mego Marvel license since then or longer and another company like FTC could already have it waiting to announce it in 2018. Soon I hope.

DST has been done with Mego Star Trek for a few years, surprised no one else has picked that up.

I don't know what's going on with Marvel but CTV Toys keeps adding stuff like Ironman
    boots, gloves,belt and Goblin boots etc.They did the same thing before they got the
    DC rights with Superman, Shazam, Robin heads etc. I remember Mattel and Emce
    ending the DC remegos with all hope gone (no more DC ) than Figures got the rights

At toynewsi.com in a 20 minutes Toy Fair video DST tour at the end Zach Oat says DST is not doing Mego Marvel sets anymore because of the $80 price point which was hard to sell.

I would pay $60-65 for a single figure in a window box in a plastic clamshell maybe with a comic book reprint like Toy Biz Marvel Legends. Mezco One:12 are $80.

If FTC is offered the license again FTC should take it because FTC would even make premium price Mego Marvel figures work.

Quote Originally Posted by ovenmitt View Post
    At toynewsi.com in a 20 minutes Toy Fair video DST tour at the end Zach Oat says DST is not doing Mego Marvel sets anymore because of the $80 price point which was hard to sell.

I would pay $60-65 for a single figure in a window box in a plastic clamshell maybe with a comic book reprint like Toy Biz Marvel Legends. Mezco One:12 are $80.

If FTC is offered the license again FTC should take it because FTC would even make premium price Mego Marvel figures work.
    FTC doesn't have to wait to be offered the license. FTC would simply have to go pay for the license to get it.
    Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Yesterday at 8:01 PM. Reason: Me no write good.

Then as Spider-Man, Iceman and Firestar said "Go for it!"

Images
    Blog Entries

FTC would really have to up their game to warrant those kind of prices. Shoddy female and skinny bodies, too big heads, flat heads. That kind of poor QC will not go over well at double the price they charge now. I am really having a hard time justifying the 30 dollar price tag with them.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Images
    ... because FTC would even make premium price Mego Marvel figures work.

Buy what you like of course, but let's be brutally honest, FTC is barely making DC figures "work." Their QC is not there and never will be, and the price point keeps creeping up. Emce/DST headsculpts were light years ahead of FTC.

I have full confidence if FTC decides to do repros of vintage Mego Marvel. After that, ehhhhh.

And I have little sympathy for DST, they mismanaged this line woefully IMO--see my post above.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-swords; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.