Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler

I thought Luke's end was perfect. He won Jedi by shutting off his lightsaber and throwing it to the ground. I thought his end was completely in character.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Spoiler
      Spoiler
      Spoiler
      Spoiler
      Spoiler
      Spoiler
      Spoiler
      Spoiler

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
      The Half in the Bag guys have their review up. I agree with a lot of it. Saw the movie yesterday morning, and it just didn't engage me.

I enjoyed the film way more than they did but would surrender that maybe it was too much of a shake up for the fans.

I also think they're right that the Star Wars universe is kind of limiting in what you can do creatively.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
        Spoiler
        Spoiler
        Spoiler
        Spoiler
        Spoiler
        Spoiler
        Spoiler
        Spoiler

I also think they're right that the Star Wars universe is kind of limiting in what you can do creatively.
        I agree 100% although I would be interested in seeing them try something different with the young Han Solo movie. I think they could make that work with no stormtrooperd in sight.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Spoiler
          Spoiler
          Spoiler
          Spoiler
          Spoiler
          Spoiler
          Spoiler
          Spoiler

Can you imagine the rage if Return of the Jedi was released today?

We finally get to see the Emperor, and they kill him off without revealing his backstory. Same with Jabba. I can't believe they made Leia Luke's sister. That's just lazy and sloppy writing. They have those awesome looking red guards, and they don't even fight or do anything. I can't believe they killed off Yoda without us getting to see him fight. In my mind, I built him up to be a "great warrior", and thought they should have had him help Luke fight Vader and the Emperor. Plus, we don't even get to find out anything of Yoda's 800 year backstory! I would've liked to have at least known his species. Also, some of the "humor" didn't work for me. Also, Han doesn't seem to be consistent with his character in the first two films. At 2 hours and 11 minutes, Return of the Jedi is the longest Star Wars film to date. They couldn't tell their story in less than two hours?

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            I agree 100% although I would be interested in seeing them try something different with the young Han Solo movie. I think they could make that work with no stormtrooperd in sight.
            I'm sure it will be full of Jedi's.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Madcap70
              • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by Hedji
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler
              Spoiler

We finally get to see the Emperor, and they kill him off without revealing his backstory. Same with Jabba. I can't believe they made Leia Luke's sister. That's just lazy and sloppy writing. They have those awesome looking red guards, and they don't even fight or do anything. I can't believe they killed off Yoda without us getting to see him fight. In my mind, I built him up to be a "great warrior", and thought they should have had him help Luke fight Vader and the Emperor. Plus, we don't even get to find out anything of Yoda's 800 year backstory! I would've liked to have at least known his species. Also, some of the "humor" didn't work for me. Also, Han doesn't seem to be consistent with his character in the first two films. At 2 hours and 11 minutes, Return of the Jedi is the longest Star Wars film to date. They couldn't tell their story in less than two hours?
              Yes but the reason why we are saying this about TLJ NOW is that we have an established universe and it needs to be a certain way...

Comment

• fallensaviour
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 28, 2006

Spoiler
                Spoiler
                Spoiler
                Spoiler
                Spoiler

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                I imagine there haven't been any Jedi academies since Anakin destroyed the one in Episode 3. Why would there be?
                No ,Luke built and started another one to which Kylo destroyed children and all.
                But yes I agree why would there be,why not just let all force sensitive people “future Jedi” Search out they’re own masters.
                It’s what real jedi do anyway...lol
                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Spoiler
                  I can't believe they made Leia Luke's sister. That's just lazy and sloppy writing.
                  I love Jedi, but honestly, it was. Luke and Leia were not intended to be brother and sister, originally. Heck, well into the scripting stage of Empire Anakin was still not Darth Vader and had been killed by him just like Obi-Wan said.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                    Spoiler
                    Spoiler
                    Spoiler
                    Spoiler
                    Spoiler

No ,Luke built and started another one to which Kylo destroyed children and all.
                    But yes I agree why would there be,why not just let all force sensitive people “future Jedi” Search out they’re own masters.
                    It’s what real jedi do anyway...lol
                    The pupil finding the teacher does make more sense to me actually.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

Spoiler
                      Spoiler
                      Spoiler
                      Spoiler
                      Spoiler
                      Spoiler
                      Spoiler
                      Spoiler

.... ?
                      Can I get an Amen

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Werewolf
                        I love Jedi, but honestly, it was. Luke and Leia were not intended to be brother and sister, originally. Heck, well into the scripting stage of Empire Anakin was still not Darth Vader and had been killed by him just like Obi-Wan said.
                        I absolutely agree with you. It actually was a very sloppy afterthought to the story. But you know what? I rolled with it. It maybe wasn't the way I wanted it, but overall, I loved Return of the Jedi then, and love it now. I guess I'm either really forgiving, or an unapologetic Fanboy? I guess I can own that.

I must say, it feels strange to love TLJ as much as I did, given the overwhelming backlash. I almost feel like there's something wrong with me for absolutely adoring it.

Comment

• phil
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 11, 2007

Spoiler
                          Spoiler
                          Spoiler
                          Spoiler
                          Spoiler
                          Spoiler
                          Spoiler
                          Spoiler

You forgot the outrage over not learning anything about Boba Fett and how easily he was disposed of.

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

You're right! I did! He's the Phasma of the OT.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

I must say, it feels strange to love TLJ as much as I did, given the overwhelming backlash.
                              I feel you are overthinking it. The internet and social media magnifies the loudest, ugliest and most hateful voices. The trolls and bots are always out to take a dump on something. While the actual vast majority of people (whether like or dislike the movie) just get on with their lives. I am forever thankful social media did not exist when I was a kid.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

i loved it too and although I get some of the disappointment, I think people really need to step back and take a breath. the movie could have given fans more of what they wanted, but would that have really moved the overall story forward? we got to see some cool new force powers. we got to see Luke make Ren look like a complete fool. we got to see Leia finally use the force, not just to sense Luke or Han, but really use the force. I did not mind the humor either. even the bit with Poe. it fit right in with his wise *** comments in Force Awakens where he tells Ren he can't understand him with all the apparatus. as far as the segment with Finn not having any overall bearing in the movie, who knows, maybe that will have a big impact in the next movie

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎