• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Mego Museum Question of the Day

Mego Museum Question of the day!

This one is for the fellas, as a kid did you get the Super gals or were too chicken to buy a "girl doll"?
    Me? I wanted a batgirl more than air but I just...couldn't....pull that trigger.
    I wish I had.

questionoftheday.jpg
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

My sister had Batgirl, and I absolutely loved it, so I sort of annexed it into my collection. (still have it). I don't think I really was aware of them enough to choose them. I think my parents just bought me the 'boy figures'.

To this day, Batgirl is one of my top three I'd say.

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

I had Batman, Batgirl and Supergirl as my only WGSH. The 'Gals fought Gorn and attacked Ape City on occasion.

Comment

• drogge
        Career Member
        • Jul 24, 2009

I had the Batgirl and Wonder Woman but rarely played with them, I wish I would have saved them. I remember getting a Batgirl with straight arms, I wonder if it was a rare variation. I really did like the Batgirl cowl. My absolute favorite was Green Arrow, I played with this figure non-stop, I even had his car.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

I wouldn't say I was chicken to get a girl one but just didn't have any interest in role playing a female hero. I made my mego's box with each other and had titles and rankings so they didn't really fit into how I played with them then.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

My sister got them one XMas and they ended up hanging out with the Mego guys.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

I had Batgirl, Wonder Woman and Catwoman. My parents didn't seem to have a problem buying girl dolls for me.

My brother had all of the Fantastic Four, including the Invisible Woman.
              Last edited by pmwasson; Dec 15, '17, 6:03 PM.
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

I always liked that Catwoman and definitely would have bought one.

Having picked up WW and Supergirl recently for the first time I gotta say I didn't know what I was missing Especially Supergirl , such a great figure.

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Luckily my sister had a Wonder Woman, Supergirl and Catwoman so I played with them along with my "superhero guys". I remember really wanting a Batgirl and Invisible Girl but the opportunity just never came up, it wasn't so much of me being chicken, just that I had limited funds and there were other figures I wanted more.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I recall seeing '77 carded Catwoman at a small Ohio discount store back then and really wanting her, but I was vetoed. When we visited later, she was gone.

I was never very gender-specific in my play--I remember liking one of my younger sister's discarded dolls, and also we both pretended to cook with a kitchen playset we received from our grandparents.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 15, '17, 8:01 PM.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Well my love for Trek as a kid goes without saying, but to ask Mom to get me Lt.Uhura to complete the set??
                      I was way to chicken to ask I'm no sissy, but knowing her and my Grandmother if I had asked, I probably would have got it.

Now my Dad was another story, he had a much different upbringing, he really didn't understand what the difference was between a doll and a action figure, so Kirk Spock and the others were borderline to began with, but if I brought home
                      a Lt. Uhura we might have had a heart to heart talk and or a trip to Mr. Psychiatrist, but I have one now and all's good.

Comment

• darkbros
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 3, 2012

As a lad, I had Batgirl, then Uhura, then Isis.
                        My brother had Supergirl ( the only one I ever saw in Oklahoma City), followed by Invisible Girl then Isis.
                        Uhura became Spider-Woman, Batgirl became Web Woman, and Isis stayed Isis.

I didn't get Wonder Woman or Catwoman until I was a teenager and was able to go Flea Market hunting by myself.
                        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

I actually don't remember seeing the Super Gals in the toy store growing up. If I had, I would imagine I would have been tempted to get a Wonder Woman (if nothing else, so I could spend hours singing the TV show theme song)

But I was really into the Trek figures and I had a Lt. Uhura figure. I'm not sure exactly how I get her. I think she was a birthday gift.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

As a kid I never knew they made WGSH's women.

The first and only Mego girl doll I had was Lt Uhura --- My sis bought me the whole first set of Trek figures when they came out (Uhura included)

Comment

• Godzilla
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 3, 2002

When they were closing them out, I walked around a Service Merchandise for a long time with a carded Uhura. I so wanted it, but knew asking would send me dad over the edge. I eventually gave up and put it back.
                              Mortui Vivos Docent
                              The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎