X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Arco Toys The Other World Catalog

Arco's the Other World was one of many fantasy toy lines that came out in the early 80s to cash in on the "Sword and Sorcery" craze lead by Mattel's Masters of the universe.

Unlike many of it's competitors the line had no cartoon to back it up (although comic books were included in it's packaging) and the figures were all bendable. I seem to recall seeing these at lower cost shops, the Regal catalog and Woolco as a teen.

The Other World is also a colourful line filled with imaginative characters like Jipps and Moggs, well worth checking out.

Check out the Other World Catalog here.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I had a friend who had Castle Zendo. I remember being intrigued by this knockoff Castle Grayskull. I kind of scoffed at it, since I had the real deal, but it had a certain charm about it. Those little squishy headed troll things were just WEIRD. I remember being fascinated by squeezing their heads. Kind of like how I used to do Megos as a kid.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Fun toys. I have a small collection of them. Much nicer quality than you would expect. Plus the weapons glow in the dark. You can't beat that.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

This is one of those "bakery shop window" toy lines for me.

I never bought a single one but I used to like looking at them at retail, they had a certain charm about them.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

They really are neat little toys and Froggacuda is as awesome as he sounds. Seriously, he rocks. The "comics" they come with are actually just small fold out pamphlets with a few comic pages and some very nice illustrations of some of the toys in the line.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Falstaff13
            Persistent Member
            • May 28, 2008

I never saw these at retail, but I always liked the idea and would have fit them into my general playscape with MOTU and the LJN AD&D.
            Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
            Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎