Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does you company/job have a holiday party?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spawn67
    Career Member
    • Aug 14, 2009

Does you company/job have a holiday party?

Does your company have a holiday Christmas party?
    Unfortunately ours doesn't anymore since 3 years ago due to changing company policies and changing times...

(This is not meant to be a religious or political discussion but I'm just curious as to who still has one and who doesn't...)
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

Yeah I had a great time this year, we hired part of a pub, drinks on the house, buffet etc. Being London, they have all night tubes on the weekends, took me 4 hours to get home as I visited parts of London I had never seen before, at one stage I was on my way to the airport lol...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Yes, and we actually call it a Christmas party. It's off-site at a hotel in a nearby larger city. Open bar at different intervals (although I don't drink), catered dinner, games, nice prizes, dancing with DJ. It's actually pretty nice. It's always the first weekend in December.
      sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

my company does...or at least did, not sure anymore. I stopped going years ago anyway.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

We don't have a holiday party but we do a volunteer project every year. I really like it, as it feel more in the spirit of the holidays to give back to the community, and it's nice to see co-workers in a different setting doing some good.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

The staff at our school used to go out as a group, but we haven't done that in a long time.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

Yep. This year's was at a bar downtown last Thursday actually. Open bar and finger food. There's also a shot room where shots come in glasses made of ice. Once you down the shot you throw the glass against the wall. The room was full all night, lol.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Nope. Nada. Zilch Hell's Bells, we don't even get a Christmas bonus where I work. If they didn't have to let us off for the holiday, it's doubtful they would....
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

My wife's does. They have offices in multiple California cities and used to pick one of them (SF, LA, Monterey, San Diego) every year to host it and really whoop it up. Everyone that wasn't in the host city got put up in a nice hotel, and the party itself included a full meal, free drinks and appies, dancing, and other stuff. They had to stop doing this every year, and now the individual offices have their own parties. But every couple years they do the whole shebang. This last weekend we were in Monterey for it and it was a blast.

My work has a lunch, which is tomorrow. We're much smaller and my boss is a tightwad.
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

One big get together off-site, and a series of parties: Very classy, IMO.

Comment

• Godzilla
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 3, 2002

I started a new job about 7 months ago and pushed for a toy drive and a holiday party.
                      Mortui Vivos Docent
                      The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• J.B.
                        Guild Navigator
                        • Jun 23, 2010

just attended my 27th Holiday Party last weekend since coming on board in '90. We outgrew restaurant banquet rooms about 5 years ago and started having them at Downtown hotels in L.A. Bar, Dinner, Dancing and Raffles. My wife had tickets to go see The Nutcracker with her Mom the next day at the L.A. Music Center, so we decided to spend the night. As I started working on my second Martini, I heard my name called out as the first winner of the Raffle: $100 Visa Card. I knew that wouldn't stay in my pocket long. The next morning I came as close to hangin' with Han Solo as I'll ever get. We had brunch in the hotel at Ford's Filling Station, owned by Chef Ben Ford.

The Visa Card was now burning a hole in my pocket, way too close to my junk; something had to be done, so after I dropped off my Wife at the Music Center, I proceeded to one of my happy places at the corner of San Pedro and 2nd St.: Little Tokyo

Walked into Anime Jungle like I owned the place.

Almost picked up this Popy Ultraman, but didn't know enough about the toy to get it.

So, I went with the MIB Popy Green MidoRanger.

He can now keep my Popy Yellow KiRanger company.

My favorite work Holiday Party, so far.
                        You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎