X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rchatlin
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 24, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
    I'm happy for Marvel fans but as a film fan, I'm worried we just got a whole lot less choice out there.

Not to mention concern for those of us who work at Fox, soon to be Disney.

r
    o
    b

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by rchatlin
      Not to mention concern for those of us who work at Fox, soon to be Disney.

Oh wow, yeah that didn't even totally dawn on me.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

Yeah, that's one of the major downers to the acquisition is all the people working for FOX who will likely be without a job in a few months to a year once all the fine print is dry. Disney is nothing if not efficient (from what I gather) in their business dealings, so duplication of positions is something I can see them eliminating pretty quickly. It would be nice, with an operation the sheet size of Disney, if they could find positions for at least 50% of the people caught in the crossfire of the purchase. Heck, there may be people doing the same job for Fox that less efficient people are doing for Disney, but will they have a chance to "audition" for the House of Mouse? Meanwhile, all the 20th Century Fox bigwigs will still be sitting pretty...
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Wonder how Disney will handle the less squeaky clean aspects of Fox , Family Guy, Simpsons, biased Fox News and not sure how the FCC will feel about ownership of ABC and Fox networks.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Biased Fox News... that's rich. Like they're the only biased news source out there
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Was just thinking, now Disney will be able to tack on the old Fox intro to all the new Star Wars movies

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
                Was just thinking, now Disney will be able to tack on the old Fox intro to all the new Star Wars movies
                Ding! Ding! Ding!

Post #21 shoulda been the first here... my excuse is brain damage... what's the rest of yours'?
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  Wonder how Disney will handle the less squeaky clean aspects of Fox , Family Guy, Simpsons, biased Fox News and not sure how the FCC will feel about ownership of ABC and Fox networks.
                  Fox news and Fox Sports were not part of the acquisition. Fox is retaining both of those. It's just the entertainment divisions of Fox i.e. the studios for television and movies and the properties those studios had. .

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

The stuff that's less "squeaky clean" shouldn't be a problem. I mean look at some of the shows they run on ABC.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by MRP
                      Fox news and Fox Sports were not part of the acquisition. Fox is retaining both of those. It's just the entertainment divisions of Fox i.e. the studios for television and movies and the properties those studios had. .

-M
                      The regional Fox Sports Networks were included in the sale just not the national ones.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Maybe it's time to buy some stock in Disney, 1 or 2 shares if you can afford it?

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                          Maybe it's time to buy some stock in Disney, 1 or 2 shares if you can afford it?
                          I've owned Disney stock for three years, most of the time it's less than what i paid.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by palitoy
                            I've owned Disney stock for three years, most of the time it's less than what i paid.
                            I thought about it like 20-25 years ago, wondering if I had done it, if anything would be different today?

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

Reports are it's going to take 12-18 months or regulatory red tape before the deal is finalized and approved by the Fed, so don't expect to see anything happen content wise with the MCU or Star Wars releases involving Fox properties for at least 2 years.

-M
                              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

If I was them,I'd turn one of Fox's cable channels into something that played their old TV shows.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎