Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

I know you guys are anxious, but keep in mind there have been years when I didn't have !$#@! together until March. I don't have a signed contract yet, so I'm not comfortable releasing a date. New city, new venue - I don't want to hose anyone on making plans and then have something fall through and be forced to change dates. This is the first time I have actually had the luxury of touring a facility before committing, and I'm taking advantage of it. The downside is that the last couple of months have been unexpectedly busy and I'm not as far along as I would have liked. The crazy weather hasn't helped at all. All I can say is stay tuned:-)

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• dcohendmd
        • Jan 20, 2014

I hope it's in the northeast this year! Or a destination with cheap flights like Las Vegas or Orlando!

Comment

• darklord1967
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
          I know you guys are anxious, but keep in mind there have been years when I didn't have !$#@! together until March. I don't have a signed contract yet, so I'm not comfortable releasing a date. New city, new venue - I don't want to hose anyone on making plans and then have something fall through and be forced to change dates. This is the first time I have actually had the luxury of touring a facility before committing, and I'm taking advantage of it. The downside is that the last couple of months have been unexpectedly busy and I'm not as far along as I would have liked. The crazy weather hasn't helped at all. All I can say is stay tuned:-)
          You take all the time you need to establish the optimal date and venue for the 2018 meet!

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we are all as anxious as we are because you have done such a stellar job in previous years of putting together such an awesome event! And it’s something we all REALLY look forward to!

While we totally understand that announcing dates for this year’s meet is not possible at the moment, I was wondering if you could perhaps clue us in on what city the meet is likely to happen in. Speaking for myself I am only asking as a means to begin calculating UPS ground shipping costs for all of my diorama displays like I did last year.

Of course, if even a tentative announcement for the location of this year’s meet is not possible at this juncture, I will totally understand. I will then happily close my pie hole, go sit in the corner, and wait patiently like everyone else. 😁
          I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• Tony1970
            • Sep 9, 2007

I've been wanting to go to an event like this, I've been lurking for a while and I'm just amazed at the talent in this forum with customizing and being disappointed in all the figures Mego made that I didn't have!

Anyway, I do hope I can finally make one of these and marvel at everything and meet some people that can stand up and say "I collect action figures"

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I'm hoping to make it again this year. Trying to make vacation plans and it looks like I may have a window open if it's around the usual time.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• argent007
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 7, 2005

Last year was my first Meet. I really enjoyed the event, especially seeing all of the amazing items in the auction (and winning Stilt Man)! I'm hoping to attend again this year. Thanks to everyone who makes it happen each year.
                My Updated Want List:
                Comic book original art
                1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
                Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• mikeMc6
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 24, 2012

Curious as well!
                  INEPT VINTAGE WISENHEIMER
                  WANTS: Thrashed Riddler Box, RM mask (beater ok) ...and a pony

Comment

• pmwasson
                    Maker
                    • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by argent007
                    Last year was my first Meet. I really enjoyed the event, especially seeing all of the amazing items in the auction (and winning Stilt Man)! I'm hoping to attend again this year. Thanks to everyone who makes it happen each year.
                    Woohoo Stilt-Man!
                    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• spiderman67
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jan 28, 2010

I would love to attend a Mego meet,I have never been to one.Hopefully it will be in a central location of the country.That could attract alot more people including me!!
                      Take two mego's and call me in the morning.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

It's official - Mego Meet 2018 will be held in Columbus OH on June 1-2. More to come next week .

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Yippeee!!!
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                            Permanent Member
                            • Mar 7, 2011

Hollaaaaaa

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

I'm so in!!
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• darklord1967
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 27, 2008

Hip hip HOORAY!!!!!
                                I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎