Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
    I don’t have Hulu.

$8 a month.

What original shows they have?

I’m not into old TV shows...so that would not be interesting to me.

Their movie inventory looks about the same as Netflix.
    I have both right now and I don't think there is any movie overlap at all. Hulu gets the Bond movies like Netflix used to get. Netflix will be losing the Disney stuff soon, so Marvel and Star Wars will be going too. Hulu gets Fear the Walking Dead by the season, most of the AMC stuff will be migrating to Hulu soon.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I hate Fear the Walking Dead...so you indirectly just told me not to get Hulu, lol...

The thing is that I have the premium Xfinity package...I get all the premium channels, I have no need for newer shows in neither Netflix nor Hulu...nor movies either. I get thousands through Xfinity.

The only reason I have Netflix is for THEIR original programming...and so far...it has been very good overall.

The only reason I’d see myself getting Hulu is if they have good original programming. Anything you recommend?
      sigpic

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

The only Hulu show I've watched is The Handmaid's Tale and it was GOOD! I want to watch 11/22/63 just haven't gotten around to it. A lot of their shows look kind of cheesy to me.
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Haven't watched Hulu since they started charging for it. Tried a free trial of Netflix,didn't care for it.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
            valar morghulis
            • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Iron Mego
            Dark isn't really all that similar to Stranger Things, other than part of it takes place in the '80s. It's more akin to foreign series' like Jordskott or The Valley. It is good though. Will be keeping Netflix because of shows like Dark and ST and Mindhunter, etc.
            I really enjoyed Mindhunter. I thought it was at its best when they were helping local law enforcement solve their cases.

Started Dark over the weekend. Wasn't wowed by the first ep, but will keep on. In case folks didn't know, you can toggle between the original German with caps, or an English overdub. I gave the overdub a shot, but wasn't impressed. Much prefer the actual performances, I don't mind reading the caps.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

I hate dubbing. I much prefer original language with subtitles.
              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I hate dubbing. I much prefer original language with subtitles.
                lol, that reminds me of when I went to pick up Pan's Labyrinth at Walmart. Some well educated employee put a little hand written sign on the display "In Mexican" on the row with the undubbed version. I still shake my head about that one.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Hulu has some good original stuff, 11.22.63, Shut Eye is great and The Wrong Mans was hilarious. They've picked up some otherwise canceled shows as well and are perfect if you're cutting the cord but still like some TV shows.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                    Permanent Member
                    • Sep 15, 2014

I’m not into old TV shows...so that would not be interesting to me.

Their movie inventory looks about the same as Netflix.
                    No way, you can have your Punishers and Stranger Things but love seeing Wonder Woman and Six Million Man.

I actually don't think Hulu has those shows but they do have GAH and Hulk I think.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

my kids watch Netflix a lot so it is worth it right there. I watch some of their original shows and so does my wife so for $11 I can still keep it

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

I have no problem with these prices, I just have to ask when the heck do all of you find the time to watch all these shows? A lot of these, I've never even heard of. I have never binged on a show in my life. We're a busy family with only one kid, I can't imagine how people with 3 or 4 do it. I have a stack of blu rays I haven't watched, and I need a Twilight Zone style armegeddon in order to free up time to watch them.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

^^ That's another factor in it, I watch maybe 2 hours a night, so I really don't need it. The real annoying part is that they informed me about the hike after they charged my paypal account.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                            Wake Up Heavy
                            • Jan 31, 2010

For me personally, I work from home about 80% of the week and I always have a movie on. Usually horror, which is why I also subscribe to Shudder.

My wife and I will go through a show pretty fast on a free weekend. We watched 7 episodes of Mindhunter one Saturday, after finishing up Stranger Things. Plus, there isn't much on Network TV right now that we watch.
                            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                              No way, you can have your Punishers and Stranger Things but love seeing Wonder Woman and Six Million Man..
                              Sorry, I love to remember how it was back then, nostalgia is cool and all...but those are too cringe worthy for me now, especially the campy Wonder Woman. The slow-motion Bionic Man scenes boooooooooooooored me to death now.
                              sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                                • Apr 17, 2012

My two teenagers have Netflix on basically every time they are watching TV. I would probably start a little revolution if I cancelled it. Netflix doesn't always have what I want to watch on, but I still feel it's worth it.
                                Danny(Drquest)
                                Captain Action HQ
                                Retro shirts and stuff
                                More retro shirts
                                Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡