Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

If the movies were released in order would there have been this much nerd rage over Obi-Wan's death in a New Hope? Was there even nerd rage in 77?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Have not watched it yet...and I’m not feeling it.

Might catch the flick when it comes out on Redbox...
      sigpic

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

Saw it today with my family. Meh. Kinda got bored and wanted it to end. If it had just been the Luke and Rey stuff I would have loved it.
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

Saw it twice. LOVED IT TWICE!!!!!!

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            If the movies were released in order would there have been this much nerd rage over Obi-Wan's death in a New Hope? Was there even nerd rage in 77?
            Was there nerd rage in 77? NO. Because the sacrificial death of a central character is key to a memorable story.
            Why the nerd rage now? Lack of understanding of what makes a good story, or the lack of very obvious direction in order to keep these movies moving forward.

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

I certainly couldn't begrudge anyone who likes it or loves it. I'm happy for those who got more out of it than I did. I really wanted to like it, having already heard/read most of the complaints about it, but most of it simply didn't work for me. I enjoyed TFA and Rogue One pretty well.

I was never a SW fanatic. I liked the original trilogy, had a bunch of the toys, but it was never much more than a childhood pleasure. I haven't even seen AOTC or ROTS in their entireties, and only saw the redone New Hope in the theatre, not the other two. I know virtually nothing outside of the films (in other words, no comics, novels, cartoons, etc.) so I'm not as deeply invested in this world as many others are.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

I’m just not feeling this one. Have not had the urge to go to the movie theater and watch it.

It’s looking more and more like a Redbox rental to me...
                sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
                  Why the nerd rage now?
                  The internet is the volume button for maladjusted people turned up to 11.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

YES. It allows wonderful places like this to exist, but there is a dark side...

Saw Last Jedi again today, and enjoyed it even more this time. So surprising, and NOT what anyone expected, but it still felt mostly RIGHT. To me anyhow.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

No rage here...just not that interested...
                        sigpic

Comment

• YoungOnce
                          Career Member
                          • Aug 29, 2007

I don't think I've seen nerd rage here about the movie ( I could be wrong... Didn't go back to read every post), but I guess it depends if someone considers dissent as "nerd rage". I have read some folks say they liked it, others say they didn't. That's to be expected with about every movie I guess.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

The Museum is a veritable oasis of calm in the nearly overwhelming sea of rage that large sections of the Internet and fandom have become.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by YoungOnce
                              I don't think I've seen nerd rage here about the movie.
                              Thankfully I agree, however, I've seen it on other platforms and it's "eyerollingly" bad. Like "seriously, it's a fricking movie about space wizards, put it back in your pants" ridiculous.

I love comix and toys and monster movies but I can't get mad about any of it, that's completely alien to me.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• phil
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                                Thankfully I agree, however, I've seen it on other platforms and it's "eyerollingly" bad. Like "seriously, it's a fricking movie about space wizards, put it back in your pants" ridiculous.

I love comix and toys and monster movies but I can't get mad about any of it, that's completely alien to me.
                                I agree. The nerd rage this movie has ignited is beyond ridiculous. Love it or hate it's just a movie .

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎