X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Star Wars The Last Jedi Discussion

I have my tickets for 7pm this Thursday on the 14th. This is the first showing and I'm skipping the 3D and going to the standard showing.

Who else is going on opening night?

The word out after the premier last night is very promising, and I'm staying away from any spoiler type stuff.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale
  • JRT!
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 6, 2015

I'm going on Wednesday,but not really feeling it this time. SOOO not in SW mode right now,but hope the movie is good.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Can't go 'til Saturday, but I'm pretty stoked!

I really hope we get to see Jedi Master Luke kick some butt!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

I have tickets for the 14th. Will see it in 2D first, followed by a 3D showing.
        Then in IMAX at the weekend.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

I am going Friday morning. I hope it's better than The Force Awakens.

Comment

• number 6
            Village Idiot
            • Jul 10, 2003

I get off work at 1:30 p.m. so I’ll if I can get in to a showing after work on Friday. If not, I’ll have to wait a couple of weeks as my wife doesn’t like crowds.

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

I've been analyzing my feelings on the new Star Wars lately. I thought the last one was a fun space adventure and I enjoyed it. But I now realize that the only reason I want to watch these new movies is because I want to see my favorite characters: Han Solo, Chewy, Leia and Luke. While I don't dislike Poe, Rey or Fin...I have no emotional investment in them. With Han's death my feelings about Star Wars have diminished. So what happens next? Is this next movie called "The Last Jedi" because Luke is going to die in this one? Or, maybe I'm wrong and it's call that because Rey is "The Last" person to become a Jedi? If they kill Luke off in this next movie, I think I will have lost any reason to care about the 3rd one(ok, the 9th). I guess...all good things come to an end.
              sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

^But, you had no emotional investment in Han, Leia, or Luke the first time you saw them either. It happened by itself. It can happen again if you let it. You must feel the Force.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

One thing I did notice...IMDB is removing every negative user review.

There were 13 user reviews yesterday, mixed. Earlier this morning there were 10. Now there are only 8. All the negative ones are gone. If it's studio censorship, that's pretty messed up.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                    Custom Mego Maker
                    • Jun 3, 2007

Saturday 3:30!

Comment

• Orion1
                      • Apr 7, 2010

Be prepared to be thrilled - shocked - and leave the movie in utter disappointment. I know what happens, but will not ruin it for you unless you want me to post spoilers. It is not good, and I can't see any reason to even bother making episode 9 the way this one wraps up. Disney bots control the leaked reviews right now.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
                        I've been analyzing my feelings on the new Star Wars lately. I thought the last one was a fun space adventure and I enjoyed it. But I now realize that the only reason I want to watch these new movies is because I want to see my favorite characters: Han Solo, Chewy, Leia and Luke. While I don't dislike Poe, Rey or Fin...I have no emotional investment in them. With Han's death my feelings about Star Wars have diminished. So what happens next? Is this next movie called "The Last Jedi" because Luke is going to die in this one? Or, maybe I'm wrong and it's call that because Rey is "The Last" person to become a Jedi? If they kill Luke off in this next movie, I think I will have lost any reason to care about the 3rd one(ok, the 9th). I guess...all good things come to an end.
                        I sort of feel the same way.

Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy the new movies, but have no emotional connection to the new characters. The nostalgic factor is gone. It sure was different watching the original as a kid, totally different experience.

We are just getting old...

Having said that...nothing, and I do mean nothing...will beat Blade Runner 2049 this year. To me, that was the best movie of the year, heck, I already consider it a bonafide classic. The sad part, is that the idiots running the Academy Awards will more than likely ignore it altogether...as I said, idiots.

Oh, yes, I’ll go see The Last Jedi, but not until the crowds die down...
                        sigpic

Comment

• acrovader
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 19, 2011

Originally posted by Orion1
                          Be prepared to be thrilled - shocked - and leave the movie in utter disappointment. I know what happens, but will not ruin it for you unless you want me to post spoilers. It is not good, and I can't see any reason to even bother making episode 9 the way this one wraps up. Disney bots control the leaked reviews right now.
                          I haven't seen the movie yet, but read reviews from fans who were utterly disappointed. The critics seem to like it very much, though. If the spoilers I've read are true, I don't think I'll like the movie very much. I won't be seeing the movie until Saturday.
                          I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

I am thinking maybe a matinee on Saturday. I don't like crowds though so may wait a week

Comment

• Madcap70
                              • Dec 4, 2017

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/mark-ha...l-in-charge-at

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎