X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by The Bat
    There was a different Cut of this movie?? I didn't know that...now you've got me curious!
    Ha!, Ha! Very cool, the videocassette in the box set had extended scenes. (6 movie set with collector's insignia pin)

"The Undiscovered Country was released on VHS and in widescreen and pan and scan formats on Laserdisc in June 1992; the release added a few minutes of new footage to the film."

Spoilers-

It sort of enhanced the human/Klingon conspiracy.

(and look for Rene Auberjonois)

Now, after looking at this, I'm not sure if I watched the 2004 version:

"As with the other nine Star Trek films, The Undiscovered Country was re-released on DVD as a Special Edition in 2004. Meyer, who stated he dislikes director's cuts, nevertheless found "a couple of moments that I thought were not clear", and re-edited them as "I suddenly saw how to make them clear."

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I always disliked the "Scooby Doo" ending where they remove the Klingon assassin's mask.

Comment

• knight errant00
        8 Inch Action Figure
        • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Hedji
        I always disliked the "Scooby Doo" ending where they remove the Klingon assassin's mask.
        I'll take it a step further and say it's a weaker choice, story-wise. I loved the irony of Klingon and Federation factions so opposed to peace between them that they would conspire -- cooperate -- to keep it from happening with them going so far as trading targets Strangers on a Train-style to make it all believable to the other side. The only other thing I would change is letting Valeris be Saavik, as intended until Roddenberry got his undies bunched over that.

I just re-watched it recently . . . Between that and TWOK, I don't know why they didn't nail Meyer down for a regular creative role in the series.

Comment

• acrovader
          Career Member
          • Jan 19, 2011

The movie was pretty mediocre. I liked seeing the Klingons again, but everything was so lightweight and slight. It's essentially an Agatha Christie movie in space. The final space battle was really nothing we haven't seen previously in the series. Yes, Christopher Plummer was excellent, but the use of 'to be, or not to be' as his final line was so clunky and cliched.
          I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎