Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Why can't a Batman film just be a straight-up action movie? The best parts of BvS were those elements.

Forget the angst, and the only time we see Wayne is in the Cave, cowl off, totally obsessed with his mission.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
      Why can't a Batman film just be a straight-up action movie? The best parts of BvS were those elements.

Forget the angst, and the only time we see Wayne is in the Cave, cowl off, totally obsessed with his mission.
      agreed. no origin story either. that's been done to death. everyone knows his origin

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Forget the angst
        I'm afraid that's impossible. The angst as you put it, is very much a part of Batman/Bruce Wayne's personally. Other wise we get Joel Schumacher's Batman: Forever.
        sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
          8 Inch Action Figure
          • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by The Bat
          I'm afraid that's impossible. The angst as you put it, is very much a part of Batman/Bruce Wayne's personally. Other wise we get Joel Schumacher's Batman: Forever.
          Or you get Adam West '66 Batman, but maybe with better FX.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by knight errant00
            Or you get Adam West '66 Batman, but maybe with better FX.
            Right...but I don't want to see that on the big screen either, despite my fond memories of watching it as a kid.
            sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by The Bat
              Arkham Games and BTAS/JLU didn't jam on the angst. They worked off the assumption people knew. I know why he does what he does, I dont need another recall because some director wants to put his stamp on it.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Arkham Games and BTAS/JLU didn't jam on the angst.
                Nor am I saying you have to go crazy with the "angst:...simply that it IS part of Batman's motivation and personally. We definitely DON'T need another re-telling of Batman's origin. But like most people with PTSD he probably relives the moment of his parents death every single day. So a quick flashback on a rooftop in the rain of him remembering would do the trick....and no origin re-boot necessary.
                sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

The death of his parents is his motivation, the angst has been heaped upon the character since the Dark Knight Returns.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• knight errant00
                    8 Inch Action Figure
                    • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    The death of his parents is his motivation, the angst has been heaped upon the character since the Dark Knight Returns.
                    Correct. There's a difference between angst and motivation, as far as the story. Heck, even Adam West's Bruce Wayne made reference to his parents' murder. The problem in recent decades is the constant flogging of the motivation by putting all the angst upfront all the time.

Even if you don't want to go full Adam West with the character, BTAS did great job portraying Batman without beating us over the head with an angsty bat. Can we have a movie like that?

Comment

• fallensaviour
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 28, 2006

Don’t even care anymore at all.
                      Not going to see jla,aquaman,flash,Batman,superman or any other dc film I’m done with their crap movies!!!
                      They are all just a huge mess.
                      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                        learning all the time
                        • Sep 15, 2010

maybe the "flashpoint reset" idea is just what they need...
                        and it's a very comic book thing to do

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Best analogy I coukd make is a Batman/Bruce Wayne that crosses Manhunter's Will Graham and Pacino's Hanna from Heat.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                            learning all the time
                            • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by knight errant00
                            BTAS did great job portraying Batman without beating us over the head with an angsty bat. Can we have a movie like that?
                            we should be so lucky.
                            funny how dc's animated stuff is pitch perfect and their live action is so... off.
                            if someone told me as a kid that in 2017 there would finally be a jl movie, my head would've exploded imagining what it might look like.
                            and now I see the trailer and I think, "nope."

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              No argument there...
                              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by C.H.O.A.M.
                                we should be so lucky.
                                funny how dc's animated stuff is pitch perfect and their live action is so... off.
                                if someone told me as a kid that in 2017 there would finally be a jl movie, my head would've exploded imagining what it might look like.
                                and now I see the trailer and I think, "nope."
                                you should check it out, the movie is far from perfect but it is still a good movie and has a lot of fun moments. I am not one who has to see every movie in theaters, I have not seen many of the superhero movies in theaters in recent years, but I usually pick them up on Bluray and have yet to get one I did not like

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎