Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First FTC Amazon Order--Thank God for A to Z!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    Sorry, but I don't think that is the intent of this thread. It's a sharing of info regarding both a product and a service--which is appropriate here. I think you're being reductive and dismissive. One could just as easily ignore FTC threads as FTC products .
    https://media.giphy.com/media/hMKjvTYlSaFCU/giphy.gif
    and that's why your ahead in the line before me PNGwynne...!
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

lol Maybe we can put some frickin' lasers on their outsized heads. Riiiiiight.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

EPIC FAIL!!!!!

So rather than me file an A to Z claim, FTC said they would make good and send me a replacement Captain Sivana boot and a Cyborg right foot, to fix the figures.

one week later I get a package from FTC.

Inside is a Cyborg figure
        and
        NO FREAKING Captain Sivana boot!!!!

Even after we both agreed that was all that was necessary to fix the order!!!

Who in the hell is working at FTC headquarters? Bizarro?

I'm literally just so disgusted right now!!!
        If I don't hear from them before 9pm CST, I'm calling Amazon and filing the claim and just will send everything back.

I mean, they even took the time to print out and circle the correspondence between us and still SCREWED UP THE REPLACEMENT ORDER!!!

Scan 9.jpg

Just to be fair though, I get why they sent the whole figure, probably would have been too hard to send the whole leg or to send the boot and pin.
        But if you took the time to read and scan the corrospondence and and circle my address, why not check the box one last time to make sure things were good?

I'm going to go sit in my recliner and cool off. At this point it may be xmas before this whole ordeal is complete.

disappointed.jpg

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Well.... was the new Cyborg's foot at least better than the first one?

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

ftc is the only company to actually make mego figures at this time .which I appreciate.their made in India stuff was poor .but their new stuff is much better.i have
            a lot of ftc figures.and I have had little to no problems with them.and the small problems are easily fixed.I don't really care for neca figures.i admire the workmanship.and only bought a couple here and cause I like the characters ( apes .vacation.) but like
            Someone said their not mego style.ftc may not be perfect �� but their at least making mego like figures.diamond select only did
            The punisher this year.and only plan for a variant deadpool so far next year.so I personally appreciate ftc just for doing the mego
            Thing..cause once its over.it may really be over.

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by TRDouble
              Well.... was the new Cyborg's foot at least better than the first one?
              Actually TR the ENTIRE new cyborg is better than the first one. No Scratches on right foot, adn no missing paint on the knees or elbows.

Comment

• darkbros
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 3, 2012

Finally, 13 days after reciept of my order, and 17 days total from the time of my placing the order on Amazon, I finally have all my figures complete and as they should be.

Pics Below:

Cyborg
                Photo Dec 18, 5 33 19 PM.jpg
                Photo Dec 18, 5 33 32 PM.jpg

Captain Sivana
                Photo Dec 18, 5 32 06 PM.jpg
                Photo Dec 18, 5 31 54 PM.jpg
                and yes, I decided to just live with the "splotch" on the head, in having to take one or the other, I went with the melted boot as being the most egregious error.

Comment

• darkbros
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 3, 2012

And here is Catwoman, switched out onto a MRAH Cheetah Body....

1. Catwoman, suit now placed on MRAH body, and the FTC body strung too tight on right... and notice the feet on the FTC female...WTH? can't turn them to make them work they are stuck that way...
                  Photo Dec 18, 5 22 06 PM.jpg

Notice the Catwoman head has too big of a hole cut out, won't fit onto the MRAH neck plug....
                  Photo Dec 18, 5 22 37 PM.jpg

Gorilla Tape to rescue. Cut a 4 inch x 1/8 inch strip, and wrapped around the nub at top.

Photo Dec 18, 5 22 46 PM.jpg

Success! Head now fits and sits perfectly.

Photo Dec 18, 5 30 14 PM.jpg

Brushed out hair, now she's great!! ( although she needs panties!)
                  Photo Dec 18, 5 30 32 PM.jpg

Comment

• darkbros
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 3, 2012

Last for anyone interested in the Cyborg figure they sent me originally, the one with the scuffs and the scuffed boot, I'll be selling it in the Marketplace tomorrow at a discount.
                    While he may not be perfect for me, he maybe for someone else.

Comment

• kingkongsy
                      • Oct 3, 2017

Sadly, FTC already ruined my expectations with their KISS Destroyer figures which are pretty bad. The quality at FTC is clearly NOT an important factor other than pure profit!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎