Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

official Mego Museum Secret Santa 2017 :)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

official Mego Museum Secret Santa 2017 :)

Officially late that is.
    I had a super hectic November and completely forgot to get this going, so if anyone is interested for this year we gotta get a move on!

So... a little late to start but I think we can get a Secret Santa swap up and running this week. So I am coordinating a name swap for folks who want to give gifts to fellow squisheads as a Secret Santa.

Again, this is running a bit late, so we are going to have to slam the registration for the name swap. If i can get everyone's info by this TUESDAY, that leaves a couple of weeks to shop and post. Anyone who wishes to participate needs to send an EMAIL to justrche@yahoo.com by THIS TUESDAY - Dec 5. (please don't use the pm system here, as I want to keep track of this over several weeks and I flush out my pm box quite often.) I am going to close this up on Tuesday and should be able to email the participants with their recipient on Wednesday, so get your names and wish lists in NOW. Again, sorry about the general tardiness. I usually like to get this rolling right after Thanksgiving, but I dropped the ball and let it roll under the couch this time around, apparently.

I will need:
    - your Mego Museum handle and your name that the local postal authorities will deliver to.
    - your postal address. (this will only go out to the person who draws your name for SS)
    - a wish list; but remember - not everyone is loaded with extra Zorros and Great White Sharks, and what you receive may be nowhere near what you put on your list. It is nice to dream, tho.

I will mix the names up and pull from a hat to draw for who gets who. I will email everyone back on Wendesday the 6th with their info for their SS recipient.

Remember, this is a secret, so don't go blabbing to anyone you wouldn't trust with your mintiest carded Conan:
    Please wrap gifts and try to be polite about it; the person you are giving to may want to stick it under their tree where their kids can see it.
    Gifts should hit the post office by the 16th of December so that they get there before the needles start falling off of the tree. I know this is tight, but hopefully we can get some stuff posted in the two(ish) week window. For the folks who are shipping cross-pond - well, sometimes this works out as a jolly new year instead.

Please let me know when you have POSTED or RECEIVED a present, and feel free to post up your goodies on this thread after you open 'em up.
    I will send out a reminder as we get close to December 15th, but really - this is a fun thing and I am a volunteer coordinator, not a watch dog. So if you can't get to the post office with a gift in the next couple of weeks.....

Feel free to use this thread to post up picks of your gifts and many back-slappings and guffaws can be had then.

Please use your best judgement on value. There is no limit if you are feeling generous, but please remember we do not all live in Wayne Manor.

and above all else
    have a GOOD time
    -rche
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

things have been slowing down with Secret Santa over the last couple of seasons, but no interest at all is odd. I suppose it does not help that I spaced out and was late starting this year. Or maybe it is a more people looking at Facebook sort of thing. No worries if there are no takers. That will free up my Tuesday night. Happy Holidays to all, and I hope everyone has a beautiful end to 2017.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I appreciate you organizing this each year, it's fun. Thank you! I just cannot participate this season.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 4, '17, 10:41 AM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

^^ no worries. Hope you have a happy holiday season.

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Message sent I'll participate if others join up.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

Looks like this is a no go this year, but no worries. Sorry I was a bit late in getting things rolling.
            happy holidays to all, and may 2018 bring everyone joy and crazy mad Mego goodness.

Comment

• johnnystorm
              Hot Child in the City
              • Jul 3, 2008

Sadly, it looks like the webpage is slowly fading. I'm not big on facebook, but it seems like that's where the crowd is heading.
              Anyway, thanks for trying... Happy Holidays everyone!

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

I had that thought. I have tried to do the FB thing a couple of times, but it just sort of gives me a headache as opposed to the warm fuzzies that I am used to here. Like I said, no worries. If that is the wave of the future, I am sure someone will pick up my slack on that platform and go from there.

Comment

• TEXASFETT
                  #1 Bounty Hunter
                  • Aug 29, 2008

This is my favorite part of the year ..... It’s been awhile since I’ve been on the boards but always love participating doing this ....
                  Happy Holidays to all ... and it freaking snowed in San Antonio,TX tonight lol 32 years later

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                    Permanent Member
                    • Mar 7, 2011

I came in here today knowing I may be late to the game to see if there was one going on, sorry to see there wasn't a draw, you're right Facebook has taken a lot of the thunder away from the museum for a lot of people. Guilty as charged but I do try to visit here at least once a day.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

The Museum is teeming with life compared to some of the other forums i used to visit, it's tumbleweeds central in many.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

johnnystorm - TexasFett - Bronxboykev

It is a small pool, but I would be happy to get ya'lls info scrambled and sent if you want to participate in an exchange.
                        Just like Charlie Brown xmas, sometimes late (or small) does not equal lost.

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

I knew I'd be late this year.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• TEXASFETT
                            #1 Bounty Hunter
                            • Aug 29, 2008

Info sent ... Thanks

Comment