Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

No, it’s hideous. I’d rather wear a banana peel instead of that abomination...

Chris O’Donnell is a dweeb...Shia LaBeouf is more intimidating, lol...
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

...and don’t get me started on his Robin costume nipples...

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm not talking about the actor or his rubber fetish costumes, yech. Just his masks as masks.

The first is traditional Robin and the second, Nightwing.

I look forward to seeing you in a super-suit accented by a banana peel lol.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 2, '17, 10:51 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          Is this Titans show going to be part of the CW universe? It looks cool, I don't know anything about it.
          No it's going to be exclusive to the new DC Entertainment streaming channel you will have to pay to subscribe to if you want to see it. The new Harley Quinn animated series will be exclusive to that channel as well.

TNT had optioned a Titans show but had opted not to move forward with a pilot earlier this year, so DC took the show back to help launch their channel.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

I can understand going for this look. It's what most younger viewers are use to now. We have to remember that Dick Grayson has been wearing something similar for close to 30 years now in the various animated shows.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Yes, the classic Robin costume is pretty much retired from any actual storylines, and really only appears on retro-merchandise these days. As much as I love it, it was honestly dated by the 70s with fans writing in for DC to update it. It took them nearly 20 more years before Tim got the excellent update from Neal Adams, and of course that was adapted into both the animated series, and in Batman Forever, in modified form. With the New 52, DC took the opportunity to lay the classic costume to rest in their ever-changing continuity.

Although some artists really knew how to make it look good, even on the 18 to 19 year old Dick Grayson! Namely Marshall Rogers, Dick Giordano, Jim Aparo, Don Newton, and of course George Perez!

Perez

Newton

Aparo

Dick Giordano

Marshall Rogers

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Aparo and Newton (bless him) are probably my favorite Bat-artists.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

For me it's:

1.) Neal Adams
                  2.) Dick Giordano
                  3.) Marshall Rogers
                  4.) Jim Aparo
                  sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
                    8 Inch Action Figure
                    • Nov 15, 2005

One of my favorite bat-images featuring the original suit:

ShowcaseRobinTheBoyWonderVo.jpg

Comment

• Gramercyplace
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jan 23, 2012

Don Newton was peerless.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

Honestly, that looks amazing. I would argue that the O'Donnell mask does hide his identity better, but this is very classic styled and the suit looks great so far.

The original Robin costume looks okay in some of those pictures posted, but most are in poses hiding the green underwear and the legs have shading as such that it almost looks like he's wearing pants or something. But one only need to look at Burt Ward to see that the costume does not translate well to real life.

But this Titans costume looks pretty spiffy. I'd be curious to see how the legs/bottom half look, as that's really where the costume tends to fall apart (no pun intended) but judging by the top half I think it'll be pretty good.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

i think they actually showed Jason Todd wearing something similar, in one of the annuals. it was a winter storyline with Batgirl as I recall and he was in pants. been a very long time since I actively collected comics. I am looking forward to the show but I will not pay for it. maybe if it goes on Netflix or Amazon Prime

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Gramercyplace
                            Don Newton was peerless.
                            I love his work, he deserves more appreciation. He died so young.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                              i think they actually showed Jason Todd wearing something similar, in one of the annuals. it was a winter storyline with Batgirl as I recall and he was in pants. been a very long time since I actively collected comics. I am looking forward to the show but I will not pay for it. maybe if it goes on Netflix or Amazon Prime
                              You get Netflix and Amazon Prime for free?
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

no I pay for those, but I will not pay for yet another one

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎