X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • josephcardone
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 10, 2010

Mego Jet Jungle Find

This is a great story since - I had all but given up on finding an original Jet Jungle.

I was contacted by someone from Great Britain claiming that he would like some help on pricing for various Mego’s. I said sure – I would be glad to help. He sent me some pictures of super heroes (one of which being an orange cuffed Shazam – the others – really just regular edition type 1 figures). I gave him ball park prices and said that the Shazam would be worth a bit more (even though they were all in played with condition).

He sends another email and says that he grew up in South Africa and he has a rare figure (I know he did some research - because I know now - that he contacted at least one of us - LOL). He told me that he thought it was worth many thousands of dollars. He sent me some pictures (and then a video of the Jet Jungle show). We went back and forth many times and settled on a price (I would rather not discuss since I paid a lot – LOL – even though - I received some good advice from some of us on here - my mind said that makes sense - but my heart was like - I may never have another chance – buy him). Luckily I had some extra money in my Paypal account - that I had been saving - and my wife was like – oh good – I need a Christmas present for you!

He needed a bit of cleaning and sprucing up (he is about a 40 year old toy) – but he is really a nice find – and an inspiration to all of us - We can find some rare things out there – they are around

IMG_1279.jpg
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Congrats, you know it's amazing how many Jets have shown up in GB.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Beautiful! Congrats to you!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, congrats! Great story and glad he has a good home where he'll be appreciated.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

Cool! Congrats!… international adventure seeking always results in toy fun!

Comment

• TheMegoGuy
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jan 26, 2014

Congratulations! Great find!

Comment

• Godzilla
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 3, 2002

The uncovering of Jet was a high point for me as a Museum member and I'm incredibly jealous you got one! Congrats and enjoy.

Was the seller a fan of the show? I'd love to know more about their connection to the Jet character.
              Mortui Vivos Docent
              The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

Good for you. Looks great.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

That's a great story, Jet Jungle is a sweet find you did a nice job cleaning him up, it looks perfect.

Are you going to pick up a repro window box for him? and a cover case?

Comment

• josephcardone
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 10, 2010

Originally posted by Godzilla
                    The uncovering of Jet was a high point for me as a Museum member and I'm incredibly jealous you got one! Congrats and enjoy.

Was the seller a fan of the show? I'd love to know more about their connection to the Jet character.
                    Thanks everyone I feel like he is in our circle of family and that is a good thing!

The person who sold it to me said he listened to the radio show as a child - I don't know why but the history of this guy (in general) is soo interesting !!

He is actually in South Africa now (visiting) - I asked him to look and see if he had any pictures of the figure from when he was little. A long shot but you never know. That would be more valuable to us than the figure LOL

BTW Godzilla - uncovering him is beyond words - awesome

Comment

• scoth70
                      Persistent Member
                      • Oct 17, 2008

excellent score any pictures of before.... when he was amongst the other figures....

Comment

• Spyweb007
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 18, 2006

Fantastic find!

Comment

• josephcardone
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 10, 2010

Originally posted by scoth70
                          excellent score any pictures of before.... when he was amongst the other figures....
                          Stupidly - I deleted them early on since he sent me so many of just him ! Maybe he will find some pics from when he was little - and we can see those. That would be great.

Speaking of finds - btw - I still can't find the last of the arm slit Fist Fighters that you uncovered a few years back (Captain America). I just need that one and every time one is up for sale on eBay, I strain my eyes to see if it has them. Lol

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

that is so cool,. he looks like he is in mint condition

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Congratulations, glad such a score is amongst our community--he's so sharp. I think many of us have embraced Jet as another WGSH. This makes me want to do a custom one even more.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎