Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video on the current and future state of Star Wars merchandise.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
    Yeah we need more guys like this!

No we definitely don't, but I also don't recall every news outlet going on and on about how important and awesome Ric Olie was.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Call me fanboy if you must, but I loved Ric Olie's costume, if his character was undeveloped. And I love Rose Tico's character, if her costume was a bit uninspired. I think I have a bit of a crush on Kelly Marie Tran. She looks great in glasses, and she was stunning in her Oscar dress.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by enyawd72
        No we definitely don't, but I also don't recall every news outlet going on and on about how important and awesome Ric Olie was.
        You can be both a character that inspires people and a total boring peg warmer. Seeing your face on a screen is wonderfully impactful, it doesn't mean that's the demographic that buys nerd hummels. Hasbro should have made her a chase figure, then she'd be "RARE!", otherwise it's a totally drab toy.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Besides Ric, PM young Anakin and Jar Jar figures warmed the pegs in my area for half a decade.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

My gratitude to good ol' Ric Ollie (I wouldn't've remembered that character's name for all the tea in Jakku).

Phantom Menace was the line that ended my "3 and 3/4 inch scale Star Wars: Buy 'em all" mentality.

My wallet would be relieved if Masters Of The Universe Classics could commit a similar sin.

I still have yet to get a 6 inch Rose Tico... but I like the movie enough to pick her up eventually.
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by huedell

My wallet would be relieved if Masters Of The Universe Classics could commit a similar sin.
              How many figures is the line up to now? It's gotta be close to 300.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by huedell

Phantom Menace was the line that ended my "3 and 3/4 inch scale Star Wars: Buy 'em all" mentality..
                The film is hated, the toys were overproduced, but for their time, those Phantom Menace figures were well made and well-painted figures.

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
                  How many figures is the line up to now? It's gotta be close to 300.
                  It would be interesting to know the count.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was 300.... we're nearing on 10 years... I'm thinking an average of 24 a year seems about right... so, 240 would be my guess.

I keep thinking I'm gonna post pics to share my collection updated, and all.

It should happen in the next few months, and believe me, MOTUC is the heart of my displaying as its a massive amt. of figures and beasts and vehicles... and I am proud to say I've been able to afford four MOTUC Castle Grayskulls over the years... they are great tools to display the figures with pizzazz.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                    The film is hated, the toys were overproduced, but for their time, those Phantom Menace figures were well made and well-painted figures.
                    If memory serves... yeah... sure.

You know, even though I don't like TPM all that much, its still Star Wars toys we're talking... and if money and space were eternal... heck, I'd collect all kinds of toys from movies/franchises I wasn't even that into.

I'll tell you... once they make a 6 inch Jar-Jar (Black Series), I think it'll be hard not to dip a bit into TPM because SWBS just keeps getting stronger... talk about quality paint apps!

Comment

• danadoll
                      Micronaut Nut!
                      • Apr 11, 2005

Hasbro toy packaging has been supremely boring over the past few years too...black with more black with a bit of red (for Star Wars, Marvel, etc....).
                      "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• spockoda
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jan 14, 2018

When you think about it, some of the prequel figures probably were pegwarmers but I'm pretty sure a lot more were produced than the figures under Disbro. I'm thinking the prequels outsold these two new movies as far as toys go but I have no evidence to back that up. Since the hobby was doing so well back then with a lot more action figure product in stores I assume they did. And specifically, I don't really believe a character like Ric Ollie would even be made right now anyway.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

Or Chancellor Valorum.

Comment

• spockoda
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Jan 14, 2018

Up until around 2013, Star Wars figures were in I guess you could label it "a golden age" as far as any character had a shot at being immortalized in plastic with at least some more articulation outside of 5 poa. Will that ever be seen again? That question can't be answered but the likelihood doesn't appear great at the moment.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 18, 2006

Has anyone at Hasbro even considered that the Last Jedi toys have not sold well because their are few interesting new character designs in the line? i mean Luke is cool and always sold out, but Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo, Chewie, Hux, Phasma all look the same as the Force Awakens or vewry close. No need to buy those characters again, we already got them. Only Luke and the Royal Guards are really new and interesting.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                                Or Chancellor Valorum.
                                I have never collected Star Wars; the few I had as a child (an odd assortment of Lobot, a couple of droids, and Empire Han) were birthday gifts that I integrated in with other figures. I did get the Tarkin figure in the late 1990s, as he was my favorite character. That said, I have joked for years that I would collect figures for actors who were in the Royal Shakespeare Company. That joke started with a friend in the mid 1990s, when all I really had to worry about then was SW and a stray figure here and there, such as Patrick Stewart as Picard. (Since then, there's been all the Tolkien-based films, Harry Potter, X-Men, etc., so it's just as well I never got into it, but I was tracking as the prequels came out who I might get, and I admit Valorum was on my list. A mild Terence Stamp? Oh yeah!
                                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                                Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎