Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video on the current and future state of Star Wars merchandise.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Teemu
    There is good reason why she is called Mary Sue.....at least Luke had failure's and defeats....Rey is perfect apparently, and is an instant force user and saber wielder without any training

Or, maybe she's just more talented than Luke. No, it couldn't be that.... I know what is: female intuition.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 29, '17, 5:34 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

There is good reason why she is called Mary Sue.....at least Luke had failure's and defeats....Rey is perfect apparently, and is an instant force user and saber wielder without any training
      That's part of her story, obviously. From the new trailer, you can see Luke is spooked by her power. If Rey is a Mary Sue, so was baby Kal-El when he lifted the truck in Superman: The Movie. "Pa Kent couldn't do that...this baby is a Mary Sue!"

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        That's part of her story, obviously. From the new trailer, you can see Luke is spooked by her power. If Rey is a Mary Sue, so was baby Kal-El when he lifted the truck in Superman: The Movie. "Pa Kent couldn't do that...this baby is a Mary Sue!"

Chris
        Luke needs to turn to the dark side and put her to end..."The Jedi must end"...Time for Luke to rule!

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

I only made it about 8 minutes before I lost patience with Comic Book Guy...

I think it all gets down to what merchandise you are talking about. Forces of Destiny are great figures. My daughter adores them. Star Wars Lego continue to be crazy popular.

True, kids don't buy action figures like they used to... but maybe that is because there are now angry middle aged men with video cameras lurking around the Star Wars section...

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
            True, kids don't buy action figures like they used to... but maybe that is because there are now angry middle aged men with video cameras lurking around the Star Wars section...
            Lol, I have to admit that would have really creeped me out as a kid.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I only made it about 8 minutes before I lost patience with Comic Book Guy...

I think it all gets down to what merchandise you are talking about. Forces of Destiny are great figures. My daughter adores them. Star Wars Lego continue to be crazy popular.

Very well said. My living room is proof positive on the Lego Star Wars side. Dani just got the Vader transformation and Luke Land Speeder sets this week for her birthday.

And yeah, middle-age creepers. Glad I have kids to help disguise myself.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Tried to watch the video, nope. Vote by not buying but spare me the nerd rage.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

I'm not watching the video because I have a feeling it's another "It's Disney's fault." one. It's not Disney's,it's LucasFilm's.

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                    I'm not watching the video because I have a feeling it's another "It's Disney's fault." one. It's not Disney's,it's LucasFilm's.
                    Ding, ding, ding! Hey it sounds like you did watch the video!
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

The video was interesting. I too love Rouge One and find the SW: TFA characters not very interesting.
                      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

I only made it a few minutes in too. the solution is very simple, don't buy and they will stop making it all eventually. then the same people complaining about the gluttony of product will complain about the lack of it

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Not much truth evident in the guys' video, nor evidfent in the opinions in this thread... specifically the ones criticizing his "issues with women"--- err... I suppose we see what we want to see?
                          But, that's not quite right... because I woulda loved to see an angry misogynist bashing "Star Wars"stylie... and I didn't catch even a whiff in that whole half-hour.
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by huedell
                            Not much truth evident in the guys' video, nor evidfent in the opinions in this thread... specifically the ones criticizing his "issues with women"--- err... I suppose we see what we want to see?
                            But, that's not quite right... because I woulda loved to see an angry misogynist bashing "Star Wars"stylie... and I didn't catch even a whiff in that whole half-hour.
                            Haha! That was me! I want full credit!!

I submit 15.40 to 16.30 as my evidence. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wasn't the only one that picked up on it.
                            Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Dec 14, '17, 1:45 PM.
                            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                              Haha! That was me! I want full credit!!

I submit 15.40 to 16.30 as my evidence. Maybe I'm wrong, but I wasn't the only one that picked up on it.
                              In THIS forum? Of course you're not the only one.

Love this place, but I don't have to tell you the level of sensitivity to what intent might warrant what interpretation (and what the appropriate reaction should be) may be a bit .... um.... "high"
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                                Often invisible
                                • Jul 18, 2002

Fair enough.
                                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎