Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video on the current and future state of Star Wars merchandise.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Falstaff13
    I have never collected Star Wars; the few I had as a child (an odd assortment of Lobot, a couple of droids, and Empire Han) were birthday gifts that I integrated in with other figures. I did get the Tarkin figure in the late 1990s, as he was my favorite character. That said, I have joked for years that I would collect figures for actors who were in the Royal Shakespeare Company. That joke started with a friend in the mid 1990s, when all I really had to worry about then was SW and a stray figure here and there, such as Patrick Stewart as Picard. (Since then, there's been all the Tolkien-based films, Harry Potter, X-Men, etc., so it's just as well I never got into it, but I was tracking as the prequels came out who I might get, and I admit Valorum was on my list. A mild Terence Stamp? Oh yeah!
    My friend did something similar and a bit more "crass" in an ageist way... he just had a "Star Wars old guy" collection display.

12-inch Tarkin, Dooku, etc.

Me?

I was so detached from those aforementioned 3 and 3/4 inch scale TPM figures that I defaced my Valorum with scissors, black paint, etc. to make a figure that pre-dated Mattel by more than a decade---a General Zod in that same scale.

And that sculpt was so good... that even with my meager customizing skills... it looked pretty good.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎