• Bravestarr
    Museum Super Collector
    • Mar 26, 2017

Godzilla 1985

Any fans
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I still remember how excited i was to see this, I was in high school at the time and I was in my "Japanese" phase, getting into any sort of movie, cartoon or TV show I could.

Recently popped this in, the Burr stuff is kind of hilarious now and wow, do you think Dr. Pepper was a sponsor?
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I recall being pleasantly surprised at Burr's involvement. I read later that he did it for a lark and enjoyed himself.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

I went to see this in 85 with my best bud at the last showing; I think it was something like the 10pm to midnight slot.
        We were the only folks in the theater and right in the middle of the Timex watch commercial that was part of the teasers, the film shut down.
        We sat there in the dark wondering what was going on for quite some time before we went out to try to find someone to get things going again. We found one fellow cleaning up the popcorn machine - he was not sure he could get it started again. But - either that fellow did some magic or someone else was actually still at work who knew how to splice up the film, and we were able to watch the show. good times
        I also recall being happy with the Burr role in the film. I think I need to revisit this one soon.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Love '85

Godzilla looks so dang mad

The bird brain thing was interesting but future movies never followed up on it.

Prob my 3rd fav Zilla film after '56 and KK vs G

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

I remember going to see Godzilla 1985 with my brother on winter’s evening. He was here for one of his rare visits from Florida, so it made the experience extra fun. I remember thinking, at the time, that the Japanese movie makers had finally upped the game on ‘Zilla’s EFX budget. It was a fun watch.
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Godzilla's badazz expression right after he pushed the building over onto the Super-X was priceless
              Last edited by Mikey; Nov 27, '17, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                Basically the Big G saying F U! LOL,
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

This is interesting ... I knew some of 1985's Zilla was done with puppetry but didn't realize it was this intricate

m

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

i saw it when it came out and remember thinking it was awful. I never watched it again. maybe I should give it another go

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎