Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • number 6
    Village Idiot
    • Jul 10, 2003

Well, now I’ll HAVE to buy this I guess.

I saw the version of Shada that had the existing footage interspersed with stills and explanation of what was happening. Wasn’t over-wowed by it, not nearly as good as City of Death. And I’ve found the stories with animation filler to be more miss than hit.

But this cameo will make it worthwhile

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by number 6
      And I’ve found the stories with animation filler to be more miss than hit.
      Very true, it's almost like they knew which stories should be chucked in the garbage

Comment

• number 6
        Village Idiot
        • Jul 10, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
        Very true, it's almost like they knew which stories should be chucked in the garbage
        Well, it's not that the stories themselves are so bad...at least the ones I watched.

With Reign of Terror the animation was so generic I couldn't differentiate who some of the supporting characters where; they all started to look the same. They seemed to be really fond of extreme close-ups too.

The animation on The Ice Warriors was a bit clunky, and they did that cheep animation trick where the just flipped the image to change what direction the character was looking. So one character's lapel badge kept moving from his left breast pocket to his right and back again. Very distracting.

From what I remember, the animation on Moonbase was fairly solid. If I had the room, I might actually consider buying that one.

Comment

• ProfessorArturoLived
          • Sep 22, 2017

Regardless of how many incarnations of the Doctor we see, Baker will always be MY doctor.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Tom Baker was always my Doctor, too.
            (Pertwee comes a close second).
            Last edited by Bruce Banner; Nov 28, '17, 4:04 PM.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by number 6

With Reign of Terror the animation was so generic I couldn't differentiate who some of the supporting characters where; they all started to look the same. They seemed to be really fond of extreme close-ups too.

The animation on The Ice Warriors was a bit clunky, and they did that cheep animation trick where the just flipped the image to change what direction the character was looking. So one character's lapel badge kept moving from his left breast pocket to his right and back again. Very distracting.

From what I remember, the animation on Moonbase was fairly solid. If I had the room, I might actually consider buying that one.
              Reign of Terror was a chore to watch --- If I never seen it again it would be too soon.

The thing that saved The Ice Warriors was the palatable story --- Also, compared to the 90's restored version ANY animation is welcome

Didn't see Moonbase yet - just the old restoration

My fav restoration was The Invasion --- my guess with never see animation like that again

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎