Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steppenwolf kenner

Images
    For some reason, I didn't get the Steppenwolf figure. I don't really recall seeing the mail-away offer much. I think I got all the first series figures too early, so they didn't have the offer. I never got him carded either. Didn't have one until about 10 years ago.

But I ordered that Clark Kent! And it took EXACTLY 14 weeks to get to me!!! 3 and half months of pure torture. I was like Ralphie waiting for Little Orphan Annie decoder pen. Seems like the GI Joe Flag Point stuff never took THAT long.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    ^ No the GI Joe RAH mail away stuff never took very long. May three weeks. Much quicker turn around than Kenner.

You and I are the same age, I believe and were likely trafficing in many of the same mail away offers. I was 8 when RAH came out and 10 when Suoer powers hit the stores. We wer the perfect age for both lines and all of their offerings.

- Ian

PS. I waited for an entire summer for that Kenner Raiders mail away figure!
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Off the top of my head, I mailed away for:
    Star Wars: Boba Fett, 4-LOM, Star Wars Survival Kit, Admiral Ackbar, Nien Nunb, The Emperor, Anakin Skywalker

Raiders: Belloq

Super Powers: Steppenwolf

Gi Joe: Duke, Hooded Cobra Commander, MANTA wind surfer
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    Let's see, I mailed away for the Super Powers Club offer. I assumed I would continue to get a regular newsletter. I did not. I did find out Darkseid, Green Arrow and Red Tornado were coming!

For GI Joe I mailed in a BUNCH of flag points. Hooded Cobra Commander, Wolverine missile carrier, the Manta thing, parachutes, etc.

Chris

Images
    I don't think I could begin to list all of the figures and vehicle like items I got via mail from the RAH Joes. Duke, Cobra Commander, Sgt. Slaughter, The Fridge, several of those Steel Brigade / make your own GI Joe figures, two Starduster figures, MANTA... I know there are more that I could never remember. I followed that line through 1987.

- Ian
    Last edited by EmergencyIan; Nov 27, '17 at 2:48 PM.
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    How could I forget Sgt. Slaughter? I never got the Triplet T tank because I already had the Sarge figure. I think I got the Cobra VAMP Jeep-thingee with flag points too. The Hooded Cobra Commander was the best mail-in in my opinion.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    How could I forget Sgt. Slaughter?
    RAH kinda jumped the shark for me when they added Slaughter, Serpentor and Cobra La.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    RAH kinda jumped the shark for me when they added Slaughter, Serpentor and Cobra La.
    isn't that generally a consensus? I seem to recall that even back then.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    isn't that generally a consensus? I seem to recall that even back then.
    I don't think many fans remember Cobra La too fondly. But Slaughter is and was really popular. I personally didn't care for the character and I hated Cobra Commander being replaced by Serpentor.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Blog Entries
    heh,i don't understand Wrestling in general so yeah, i can see that.