Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

How could I forget Sgt. Slaughter? I never got the Triplet T tank because I already had the Sarge figure. I think I got the Cobra VAMP Jeep-thingee with flag points too. The Hooded Cobra Commander was the best mail-in in my opinion.
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      How could I forget Sgt. Slaughter?
      RAH kinda jumped the shark for me when they added Slaughter, Serpentor and Cobra La.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
        RAH kinda jumped the shark for me when they added Slaughter, Serpentor and Cobra La.
        isn't that generally a consensus? I seem to recall that even back then.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
          isn't that generally a consensus? I seem to recall that even back then.
          I don't think many fans remember Cobra La too fondly. But Slaughter is and was really popular. I personally didn't care for the character and I hated Cobra Commander being replaced by Serpentor.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

heh,i don't understand Wrestling in general so yeah, i can see that.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I had so many GI joe flag points I sent away for the 12 inch joe Colton figure I used all the points since it was the end of the line I must've got about eight(with various hair colors).i gave one to my brother,my cousin and my best friend and kept the rest.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

It basically did, but I was in too deep at the time to notice. Slaughter was essentially super-powered, Serpentor was a really cool concept but too far-fetched for Joe. A year later, Cobra-La WAS that shark jump for me. The opening of the movie was the last great gasp of GI Joe, but the story itself sucks wind.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

I guess that I outgrew the line, and toys in genera,l after 1988, but the sci-fi turn that RAH made lost me, as well. I even ignored Zartan. Of course, Serpentor was a bridge too far. For me, the headiest days of the RAH line were the Stormshadow V1 days along with the rest of that 1983 line. I remember playing with those Styrofoam gliders in the snow right after Christmas. I really loved the line all the way through 85. 86 and 87 weren't shabby, but they were in a slow decline, at the least. Then, you through in Super Powers in 1984 and 85...it was heavenly for me.

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎