X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bravestarr
    Museum Super Collector
    • Mar 26, 2017

Steppenwolf kenner

https://youtu.be/LUqPRFZVl6Y anybody remembers this from Kenner 1985 mail away
    Last edited by Bravestarr; Nov 23, '17, 8:45 PM.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Stepponwolf was available carded in Canada, I was a teenager at the time and I would ship cases of them to Long Island area toy dealers like Jim Makowski in exchange for mego stuff.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

I collected and sent in my proofs of purchase and remember waiting forever for the figure, but I still have him in my collection and the record. It was a flimsy disc that required keeping a coin on it to keep it down while playing, but I remember it fitting in with the Super Powers cartoon at the time.

After this, they did the Clark Kent (and had a commercial with Marc McClure reprising his role as Jimmy Olsen from the Superman franchise), but I never got him ordered.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I had the mail away and record too. sold it on ebay years ago. I always liked him as a villain in the toy line because of the cool battle axe

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

I remember Steppenwolf was one of the baggie figures my grandpa gave to me and my cousins along with Hawkman, Joker, Parademon, and Flash.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

I too sent away for Steppenwolf. Kenner had a few of those offers over the years, for different lines. The Hasbro GI Joe RAH mail offers were a lot of fun, as well.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I loved those mail-away figures, I have the whole line and the record & poster tucked away inside a Super Powers calendar somewhere. I even bought a second carry-case and added customized labels for newer figures.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

I have the figure and record. I lump the record in with my Power Records collection.

Steppenwolf's voice is hilarious in the story. The voice actor decided a high pitch gurgley shrill approach would match the look of the character.

I imagine a deleted scene from Justice League where Steppenwolf has to summon two Parademons to squeeze his legs together, activating his super axe swing.

Comment

• Bravestarr
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Mar 26, 2017

Originally posted by Hedji
                  I have the figure and record. I lump the record in with my Power Records collection.

Steppenwolf's voice is hilarious in the story. The voice actor decided a high pitch gurgley shrill approach would match the look of the character.

I imagine a deleted scene from Justice League where Steppenwolf has to summon two Parademons to squeeze his legs together, activating his super axe swing.
                  Awesome

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Oh yeah, I remember ordering the mail away Steppenwolf back in the day, along with a bunch of GI Joe RAH stuff too. I was a teenager at that point, but I didn't care, I still wanted toys, and mail order was safer than being caught buying figures in public at a store by classmates.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

For some reason, I didn't get the Steppenwolf figure. I don't really recall seeing the mail-away offer much. I think I got all the first series figures too early, so they didn't have the offer. I never got him carded either. Didn't have one until about 10 years ago.

But I ordered that Clark Kent! And it took EXACTLY 14 weeks to get to me!!! 3 and half months of pure torture. I was like Ralphie waiting for Little Orphan Annie decoder pen. Seems like the GI Joe Flag Point stuff never took THAT long.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

^ No the GI Joe RAH mail away stuff never took very long. May three weeks. Much quicker turn around than Kenner.

You and I are the same age, I believe and were likely trafficing in many of the same mail away offers. I was 8 when RAH came out and 10 when Suoer powers hit the stores. We wer the perfect age for both lines and all of their offerings.

- Ian

PS. I waited for an entire summer for that Kenner Raiders mail away figure!

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Off the top of my head, I mailed away for:
                          Star Wars: Boba Fett, 4-LOM, Star Wars Survival Kit, Admiral Ackbar, Nien Nunb, The Emperor, Anakin Skywalker

Raiders: Belloq

Super Powers: Steppenwolf

Gi Joe: Duke, Hooded Cobra Commander, MANTA wind surfer

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Let's see, I mailed away for the Super Powers Club offer. I assumed I would continue to get a regular newsletter. I did not. I did find out Darkseid, Green Arrow and Red Tornado were coming!

For GI Joe I mailed in a BUNCH of flag points. Hooded Cobra Commander, Wolverine missile carrier, the Manta thing, parachutes, etc.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

I don't think I could begin to list all of the figures and vehicle like items I got via mail from the RAH Joes. Duke, Cobra Commander, Sgt. Slaughter, The Fridge, several of those Steel Brigade / make your own GI Joe figures, two Starduster figures, MANTA... I know there are more that I could never remember. I followed that line through 1987.

- Ian
                              Last edited by EmergencyIan; Nov 27, '17, 2:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎