X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego 12? Captain America Gallery Page Upgraded

We’re upgrading our content at the Museum currently and one gallery that was a little underwhelming was the 12″ Captain America page. New photos, information and promotional materials have been added for Cap. We even get a little into the history of the first Avenger. Check out his shiny new page here.   Discuss…

More...
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

I didn't realize 12" Cap didn't have red hands. Still a cool piece , no doubt inspired by the Reb Brown tv movies.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Maybe it's all the huge noggins on the FTC figures, but his big head doesn't bother me as much anymore. I really need one of these. It is strange that they just didn't reach over into the bin of 12" red Spidey hands for Cap, though.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Spyweb007
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 18, 2006

I always wanted the 12" Cap, the improvements over the 8" version make a huge difference!

Comment

• Godzilla
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 3, 2002

This was my favorite Mego as a kid.

There I said it. Go on, hate all over his ginormous head. But as a kid he was perfect to me.
          Mortui Vivos Docent
          The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

It's very cool, it'd be my favorite 12" Mego and the one I'd splurge on if not for the head (which still has a killer sculpt.)
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              It's very cool, it'd be my favorite 12" Mego and the one I'd splurge on if not for the head (which still has a killer sculpt.)
              The flesh colored hands bothers me way more than the oversized head. It would have been such an easy fix and they had have been tripping over Spider-Man bodies.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• starsky
                veteran member
                • Aug 26, 2007

love the artwork on the box! i think the head would be a better match on the muscular mego body.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by starsky
                  love the artwork on the box! i think the head would be a better match on the muscular mego body.
                  I did that once in the 90s, it was a slight improvement.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• starsky
                    veteran member
                    • Aug 26, 2007

^ that's cool! the suit was able to fit the muscular body?

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

I always wondered if a Spidey muscle body would make Cap look better. But you must really have to stretch his costume to make it fit. Kind of like how Jor-El's outfit seems stretched out and too small, which makes me suspect that he wasn't meant to use that style body.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎