Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Java Joe
    • Dec 12, 2012

Bodies For Megos

What is the best body for a Mego figure today?

I have been trying the new classic TV toys china body but it's not there. been contacting them about parts for the body after receive it (ClassicTv has been very good about getting back with me on the items, but it's a shame when a new body arrives and has issues right away) The color has changed as well not sure where to get a body that's close into flesh color as the original. Wish Classic TV Toys would go to the original style using the elastic bands instead of the metal hooks with the rubber bands.

About a year ago I did get on of the S bodies which I do like but sometimes it's nice to have something close to the original. If anyone has any ideas on the best bodies in color close to the original flesh color and great to use with some of Classic TVs toys and Dr. Mego head sculpts pleas let me know. Thanks
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

I have a decent supply of the various repro bodies that are available. More and more for customs I find myself buying beater Mego bodies on Ebay. If the Type S isn't working for you, it only gets worse from there. When I do use repro bodies, it's usually something from Doc Mego. I use the CTVT bodies for parts to repair original Mego bodies - I have a pile of the Fonzie bodies that I steal lower legs from all the time. The color is off but it doesn't bother me. In my opinion they all have good and bad points.

Comment

• Java Joe
      • Dec 12, 2012

Thanks for the help! I'll have to try the Doc Mego bodies, I haven't tried those yet.

I do like the S bodies but sometimes I like the original for whatever reason, I do wish CTVT when begin reproduction on the original type body by Mego instead of the ones they have. The metal hooks they cut into the plastic and the rubber does not to seem to last.
      Last edited by Java Joe; Nov 23, '17, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

I agree and for the price points we pay for bodies ( $7 to $10 new) vs. beatup type 2's you can buy for as little as $4 on ebay in lots, it's hard to beat the price/quality of the OEM mego bodies.

What I have done of late is simply restring the CTVT bodies when I get them with Mego OEM Rubber bands taken from beaters with too many broken parts ( think broken leg or 2 broken arms)...It improves them to 80% better and I use those bodies for characters that are fully clothed ( don't show skin). For characters like say Kraven or
        Ka-Zar, you would want to use an OEM Mego type 2. Heck I even use LJN bodies when I find those, as they are
        better than CTVT's bodies out the box.
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎