Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mego Museum Gallery Upgrade thread

Images
    that blue backing really makes the graphics and the figure "pop"

First gen UK Apes are indeed a cool oddball release!… beware, being these are pretty easy cardbacks to knock-off, I've run across several *fakes* over the years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Confessional View Post
    First gen UK Apes are indeed a cool oddball release!… beware, being these are pretty easy cardbacks to knock-off, I've run across several *fakes* over the years.
    I see the second series Palitoy fakes but I've never seen ones for the first gen.

^^ Around 2010-11 there was a Euro (maybe Germany) seller with the whole line up (a couple times over) on repro cards advertised as originals. They looked good, too good, and every once in a while one pops up still being sold as vintage.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Confessional View Post
    ^^ Around 2010-11 there was a Euro (maybe Germany) seller with the whole line up (a couple times over) on repro cards advertised as originals. They looked good, too good, and every once in a while one pops up still being sold as vintage.
    Ah I see. Interesting.

Blog Entries
    MegoMuseum Gallery Upgrade: We've added some larger photos of the Second Series Andorian card including the backer. More Trek updates coming soon!
    http://www.megomuseum.com/galleries/andorian/

Blog Entries
    Lots of new information, packaging variants and information added to the 12" Superman gallery.

Got a Mego 12" Superman we don't have? Send us a photo!
    http://www.megomuseum.com/galleries/12-inch-superman/

Images
    Blog Entries
    This is probably a dumb question, but is the Reeve Superman in a resized suit compared to the Parkdale, or is the suit stretchy enough to fit various figures?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Great update!

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    This is probably a dumb question, but is the Reeve Superman in a resized suit compared to the Parkdale, or is the suit stretchy enough to fit various figures?
    Not a dumb question at all, but the suits are definitely different. The comic head Supes is on the standard Mego 12" figure, and his torso and shoulder span are much thinner than the muscular version of the body, and both outfits are skin tight on the respective figures. The 13" Power Action Supes is wearing an even larger version of the outfit. Interestingly, there seems to be variations on the comic head Supes' suit, both sewn and non-sewn belts are possible. I think I've only seen sewn belts on the Reeves muscle version body and the Denys Fisher Power Action's suit has a non-sewn belt.
    Last edited by cjefferys; Jun 27, '19 at 8:54 PM.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Thank you! I've been thinking more about 12" Megos since the meet, and I appreciate the information.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.