Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I hope it's never wrong to state your preference here.

Personally thought it was great, although episode two had ALL the talking, it clicked along nicely and some great points. It felt like an old timey three part comic cross over and i dig that.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
      It felt like an old timey three part comic cross over and i dig that.
      I know! When Metallo and Red Tornado showed up I totally geeked out!

Red Tornado's power looked amazing on screen.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

My son is a big Red Tornado fan, he thought the CGI was a little obvious but thought it was better than his Supergirl appearance. He laughed out loud when he blew up saying "that's all he ever does on TV!".

We all had fun with it, it was well handled.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
          My son is a big Red Tornado fan, he thought the CGI was a little obvious but thought it was better than his Supergirl appearance. He laughed out loud when he blew up saying "that's all he ever does on TV!".
          That's about all he does in the comics too! Lol!

This whole Crisis thing was great, I enjoyed the heck out of it. The Earth-X versions of the characters were handled well, the personal drama was toned down, and the battle scenes were excellent!
          Sorry to see Stein go though, he was a high point of the Legends. Can't say I was surprised though, they pretty much telegraphed that from the start of the season, with all the emphasis on his wanting to leave. I'm fairly certain baby Ronnie will be the future 1/2 of Firestorm.
          The wedding wrapup was nicely handled, we saw a bit of how the Star labs jail cells work ( like a sandwich vending machine!), still more Captain Cold to come, and Zari looks hot in her hero costume!
          Only complaint- Barry letting Thawne walk away, ridiculous. Another stupid Barry move. Oliver had no hesitation putting an arrow through "himself". Please CW, don't be planning next season of Flash to be a Reverse Flash battle again!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I enjoyed this so much, and I was thrilled to see Reddy because I don't watch Supergirl. I've always liked him & Vision, but he gets short shrift like Elongated Man.

By no means my favorite Metallo, but he looked good in action. The Terminator reference was cute.

I was pleasantly shocked by the finagled reintroduction of Capt. Cold. And saddened at the loss of Prof. Stein--I'd watch Victor Garber in anything.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

Prof. Stein's death was very sad and moving. they did handle it well and gave a lot of screen time to everyone dealing with it, which was good to see. this crossover was lightyears better than last years with the dominators. I did think some of the fight scenes were silly and made no sense, ie Nazi stormtroopers with machine guns walking up to a line of super powered people to fight hand to hand......I mean come on. but I really enjoyed the crossover overall and hope they put out a Bluray of just this so I can get it without having to buy all of the individual seasons

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

That was great and schlocky and stupid and I loved it!
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Part 3 was my least favorite,no Mick. How can you not love when they try seating him and they ask whether he's with the bride or groom and his reply is "Well,I tried to kill the groom a couple times so I guess the bride." Or when they ask what could they be after and he replies "The crab legs."

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                    learning all the time
                    • Sep 15, 2010

I thought it was really good, way better than the last crossover. I loved the "dark Kara" too
                    I had the same nitpicks as everyone (squads of machine gun toting clowns who either don't fire or can't aim, and absolutely no need for corny slo mo group shots that necessitate that)
                    like the first crossover, I think they underutilized Supergirl... she could have wiped out half the soldiers before the rest of the team even got there!
                    speaking of super, where was her cousin? and J'on???

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

Superman and J'on were back on Kara's Earth. she was only there because of the wedding

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                        learning all the time
                        • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                        Superman and J'on were back on Kara's Earth. she was only there because of the wedding
                        oh yeah they're not on the same earth. why is that again??

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by C.H.O.A.M.
                          oh yeah they're not on the same earth. why is that again??
                          Better question might be----where are the Kal-El and Kara of Earth One?
                          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎