Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberty and Justice: Trinity Art Print by Alex Ross Art (Hand signed).

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Liberty and Justice: Trinity Art Print by Alex Ross Art (Hand signed).

Limited edition...only 300.

Even though my collection interest have shifted towards Xenomorphs...this one has me salivating...

If I were to get one...it would be unframed. I’d get a much cheaper priced frame.

Thoughts?

sigpic
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

I like the subject matter and I normally LOVE Ales Ross' art, but something about this piece is just not sitting well with me. Part of it is I don't really like the angles he used on the various characters, particularly The Batman. The camera is so on top of him, that you see very little besides an upshot of the cowl and a very small portion of the bat-symbol on his chest.

Superman's angle and distance from the camera is a bit better, but still doesn't "feel" like the heroic version of Superman I'm used to seeing Ross portray.

Lastly, his Wonder Woman, while being beautiful, looks and feels a little chunky, as if she's put on a few pounds (which is fine; superheroes/heroines don't all need to be beanpoles, Adonis's or sex kittens, but I just feel Ross has done better renditions of WW and the other two members of "The Trinity," as well.

I recognize that each is in their own, respective panel, as well, but I think I would have enjoyed it more if they were truly all together in ONE setting, bracing to fight the good fight together.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Ok, you convinced me, I’m not going to get it.

Saving my money for this instead...

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Its just clip art from his treasury sized DC books. For that price it should be all new art.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
          Ok, you convinced me, I’m not going to get it.

Saving my money for this instead...

Hooooooly Crap, THAT is badarse, Hector! I have a feeling it will look great sitting in your collection as, presumably, the crown jewel...!
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Yeah, the Alien is waaaaaay cooler....you made the right decision Hector.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Thanks, guys!

I’ll be placing an order for it through their Flex Pay. I’ll be eating crackers for the next 3 months...

Sideshow is having Black Friday deals in one day...I’m hoping for at least 5-15% off or free shipping.
              Last edited by Hector; Nov 21, '17, 12:45 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Too bad I sold this a few years back...my original Shadowland Magazine cover painting.

ALIEN.jpg

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

WOW!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢