X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

CRM Toys

I made a post about these figures about 5 years ago, but all my photobucket pics were lost from that thread, so I wanted to start a new one. This toy line fascinates me. They're very expensive due to the limited runs and considering when they were made, have amazing head sculpts and a ridiculous amount of detail. Anyone here collect them? Would love to see pics.

Straight from M.C.'s Captain Toys Site: CRM Toys makes figures in low numbers during what's known as Superfest, a giant pro-consumer festival in Tokyo that includes, but is not limited to, action figures and toys. Supposedly, CRM Toys get licensing rights for a short 24-hour window and distributes their toys quickly before they get in trouble with people like Jack Nicholson or the Kubrick estate. The low numbers have been up for dispute, but vary between 70-100, which leads you to believe that only a few people actually work on the these figures BY HAND and that their rarity will only lead to higher values.

CRM is actually a reoccurring in-joke in many of Kubrick's works. The drug that Alex receives in "A Clockwork Orange" is Serum (CRM) 114. The message decoder in "Dr. Strangelove" is CRM 114. The room that Tom Cruise visits the dead hooker in "Eyes Wide Shut" is RM. 114, Wing C.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

No love for CRM? Best DeNiro Taxi Driver sculpt I've ever seen.

Heeeeere's Johnny!

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎