• Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

AC/DC's Malcolm Young Dead at 64

Such a sad sad day. I still remember when Bon Scott left us. RIP Mr. Young

• J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

So much horror has followed this band. Bon Scott cashes out early, Brian Johnson loses his hearing, Phil Rudd almost does some serious jail time for planning Dirty Deeds and now Malcolm, who gets hit with dementia and an early death. Terrible.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by J.B.
      So much horror has followed this band. Bon Scott cashes out early, Brian Johnson loses his hearing, Phil Rudd almost does some serious jail time for planning Dirty Deeds and now Malcolm, who gets hit with dementia and an early death. Terrible.
      Life is horrible.

Most of us have had more of such "horror" occur in our own families than the industry juggernaut known as AC/DC has.

That said: That juggernaut has achieved incredible things in rock n' roll despite the obstacles that befall us all.... AC/DC's strengths were in pulling out the win in simple four-on-the-floor power chord-heavy rhythms and finely crafted melodies with those "working-class" lyrics.... and I'm not talking working-class lyrics of the "MY job at the steel mill is lonely".....

I'm talking this band knew how to party... lyrically speaking (and, as Scott's death is a testament to, in real life too). Sex and drugs and living life to its fullest!

Although, visually, his brother and their singers were more iconic, Malcolm Young seemed to be the one AC/DC band member who really defined all of this legendary band the most musically.

Ride On, Malcolm RIP!
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• GlobalObserver
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 12, 2004

Poor Angus. Losing two brothers in less than a month. Both great musicians.

RIP, George and Malcolm.

Comment

• hobub
          Ghost of a Dead Indian
          • Jun 18, 2001

R I P.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

I had not heard about another brother passing this month. Malcolm was truly a rock icon. I got to see them live in the nineties, they still had all the raw energy of their heyday, RIP!

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

One of the great ones is gone...
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎