Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I bought Godfather 1 and 2 on VHS years ago, and we did sit through them but it was not an easy viewing. way too long. My son was recently asking about the movies so I bought the 3 movie collection on DVD for ten bucks, not a single one of us made it through part one. I have never seen the whole of part 3, only bits and pieces when flipping through the channels

I am not a fan of musicals either, although I suppose the right one works....Blazing Saddles as mentioned. the Beatles movies definitely. I suppose Grease is okay.....but the rest, no interest at all

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

The Godfather is long, but it is a good movie, honestly 2 is better than 1. I don't care for 3 myself. The best way to view these is like this: https://www.polygon.com/2016/1/19/10...ather-epic-hbo

It's a 7 hour long movie, but combines 1 and 2 and mixed them so they are in order.

Regarding the other movies on the lists people have posted, I've seen most all of those, some only once but there's a lot of good movie viewing out there, and there's even more bad movie viewing. I do enjoy both, but don't get to wrapped up when people put labels on movies, I like to choose myself what's good or not.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Allie Fox
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 1, 2009

The Die Hard series comes to mind. I've never seen a single one.
        Lethal Weapon series too.
        I haven't seen a Terminator since #2.

Many others I'm sure including most of the Hammer and Amicus films of the most recent PodStallions' broadcast.
        If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by J.B.
          Big mistake, droog.

A Clockwork Orange is amazing, I've seen it a bunch of times (first time when I was around 13, man that was an eye opening experience! ) My favorite Kubrick film.

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by cjefferys
            A Clockwork Orange is amazing, I've seen it a bunch of times (first time when I was around 13, man that was an eye opening experience! ) My favorite Kubrick film.
            I agree, what a wild movie it is. It's hard to describe to people that haven't seen it before.
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I would describe Clockwork as violently artistically boring

It's like it was mechanically built to shock

Easily in my list of worst Kubricks films, imo

I'd rather watch Eyes Wide Shut wearing wooden shoes two sizes too small than watch Clockwork again
              Last edited by Mikey; Nov 21, '17, 6:55 PM.

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey
                I would describe Clockwork as violently artistically boring

It's like it was mechanically built to shock
                Mechanically? Like clockwork, maybe? Mikey, if you haven't yet, you should read the novel and then see the movie again. It's real horrorshow. I think Kubrick really did it justice. When I saw Dune when it first came out, I was handed a glossary sheet upon entering the theater to decipher Herbert's terminology. Kubrick went full on Nadsat 12 years earlier, with no glossary, and almost got slapped with an X rating until he removed 30 seconds of the ol' In-out-in-out.
                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

I love Clockwork Orange. Even frame is a beautiful still shot. This, 2001, and Shining are cinematically thrilling to look at. Kubrick had a lot to say artistically in this era.

Plus I love the statement on abuse, neglect, and fascism. There's plenty of symbolism in this one!
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎