Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

My brother and I over Thanksgiving dinner agreed that Eisenberg could redeem himself in Justice League 2 if they put him in the classic purple and green spandex, and then have him wear his Super Powers powersuit for combat.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

SF Luthor obviously won't happen, but they could go the Alex Ross Justice route and then to the armor.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

And did anyone else think the fake Luthor in the cell looked like Jeff Bezos? lol
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

saw it this afternoon, not perfect but I really enjoyed it. the movie does not deserve all the hatred it's getting. I agree it's a case of biased media. I am glad Snyder is out though, loved seeing some colors and not having everything washed out grays.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

The post-credit scenes were originally in-movie scenes for Snyder's version, IIRC. Whedon cut the life out of Eisenberg's subplot. I don't know how much more Mang shot as his shooting days were clipped right when things started getting fugly with Affleck.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Saw it again this afternoon and enjoyed it even more, knowing I could relax and not be prepared to be angry on the way out. Cindy and Dani enjoyed it as well. 4 thumbs up from the Franklin clan.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 3, 2009

well just to put my two cents in

just got back from my second viewing ,

and i thoroughly enjoyed it , much better second time round with the weight of expectation lifted off

could it have been better ,yes of course it could

but for me it got me to buy the art book ,the Mattel figures and car the jakks big figs the t shirts and ill be happy to buy whatever figures hot toys put out plus the blu ray and i had a great couple of hours of entertainment in the cinema with my kids :who are 22 and 25

so mission accomplished and good enough and roll on the next one as far as im concerned

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by libby 1957dog

I agree that we are looking at something that should be objective (If 2.5 = "Fresh" and 2.5 = 2.5, then 2.5 should not = "Rotten"). Noooo argument from me on that.

However, "Justice League" is supposed to be DC's "Avengers". Not DC's "Guardians of the Galaxy 2" or "Thor: Ragnarok". Apples to apples and all that.
                  Last edited by Makernaut; Nov 26, '17, 6:44 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Too much had been squandered for JL to be the equivalent of "The Avengers."

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Too much had been squandered for JL to be the equivalent of "The Avengers."
                      Agreed. But....they made huuuuuge strides with "Wonder Woman". They should have started over and built on that movie. I'd stack "Wonder Woman" up against any Marvel Movie leading into "The Avengers". My opinion, of course, but my point is they took a huge leap forward with "Wonder Woman" and then didn't take a step up in quality or story.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

WW was excellent, and I think the tinkering on JL and any success it has is a reflection on that earlier film.

Comment

• Makernaut
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          WW was excellent, and I think the tinkering on JL and any success it has is a reflection on that earlier film.
                          That's a good point in regards to the tinkering and the box office success.

Comment

• Makernaut
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 22, 2015

And before I toddle off into sounding like I am grousing, let me state that I fully can keep in perspective that there were years where if we saw any ole shi**ty Superhero Movie, we were glad to have at least had one made. We are in an era where we get more in any given year than we got in a decade, on average, and the quality of even a "Suicide Squad" is head and shoulders above the law of diminished returns that played out in the sequels we saw in the "Superman" and "Batman" franchises as they stretched into the 80s and 90s, respectively.

Just look at these chronological lists and remember when it used to be few and far between:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...d_on_DC_Comics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._Marvel_Comics

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

Rumours of Affleck hanging up the cowl continue to circulate: https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#56d5920a4b91

But in the meantime here's Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke, expected to feature prominently in the solo Batman movie:

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MegoMonk
                                Career Member
                                • Jan 22, 2007

I saw the movie on and enjoyed it. Flash could have been a little less geeky. I was not familiar with Steppenwolf. Can't say I found him too compelling, but he at least served a purpose of getting these heroes together. I wonder who they will add to the team in the next movie. I would love to see it be Guy Gardner, but doubt that will happen.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎