X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

I enjoyed it a lot.
    Good interplay between the characters, particularly between Bruce and Diana.
    (And still the best Bat suit in any movie. Love it.)
    Some definite stand up and cheer moments, too.
    It was great to see a member of the Green Lantern Corps, even if it was only in a flashback sequence.
    Sure, the movie had its flaws, but I still hope this is the beginning of more Justice League films... a trilogy at least.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

I had low expectations and thought it wasn't too bad considering all the reports about the original version. It would be interesting to know exactly what changed from what Synder shot to what was released. I wasn't too sure about Aquaman going in but by the end of the film I thought he was ok. Of all the characters I thought Wonder Woman came off the best.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by phil
        I had low expectations and thought it wasn't too bad considering all the reports about the original version. It would be interesting to know exactly what changed from what Synder shot to what was released. I wasn't too sure about Aquaman going in but by the end of the film I thought he was ok. Of all the characters I thought Wonder Woman came off the best.
        This exactly, for me as well. Aquaman wasn't much more than an extended cameo, but they did get some origin and character bits squeezed in, and him surfing on a parademon was funny. Nice to see Mera. As long as Art doesn't end up with a harpoon-hand, I can tolerate this interpretation. I was surprised to like the Flash as much as I did, Miller is engaging but the suit is fuuuugly.

Steppenwolf is quite generic, but with his defeat no doubt we'll see Darkseid.

I enjoyed the mid and end credit sequences a lot, made me want more. Gal Godot continues to impress, and all in all--though still a very murky film--I was surprised to enjoy this, it's light-years ahead of BvsS. I wish I could see Cavell in a traditional Super-suit *sigh*.

I left the theatre not judging it too harshly, because I realized it would have made a fun comic saga that my 12-year-old self would have loved. There were a couple of mis-steps, but they didn't ruin the film for me.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 17, '17, 5:42 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I’ll check it out this coming Tuesday...
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
            (And still the best Bat suit in any movie. Love it.)
            It was great to see a member of the Green Lantern Corps, even if it was only in a flashback sequence.
            Sure, the movie had its flaws, but I still hope this is the beginning of more Justice League films... a trilogy at least.
            Yep. And it's creepy how much the Affleck Bat-cowl looks like Mego's 12" Magnetic Batman head...
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Affleck is by far the biggest live screen Batman ever...dude looks HUGE...he dwarfs Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale...
              sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                Affleck is by far the biggest live screen Batman ever...dude looks HUGE...he dwarfs Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale...
                HELL YEAH! Couldn't agree more!
                sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  unfortunately the scene has been removed
                  That stinks since I really wanted to check it out, since Supes got the raw deal in the BvS script, it would have been nice seeing Superman bring new meaning to the phrase, " payback is a B * * * H

any possibility I can still see this trailer? I am guessing it's not in the movie? but it may be in the deleted scenes
                  when it comes out on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Enjoyed it. Say what you will but it's the first time that Cavill got to play Superman.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

Agreed, but I liked little else about it. Every highlight involved Supes, at least for me.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Mileage varies, i had fun.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• bleit1701
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 1, 2009

Superman was actually red and blue. That was nice.

Was anyone else a little creeped out when they removed Clark's body from his coffin?
                          Better late than never.....

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by bleit1701
                            Superman was actually red and blue. That was nice.
                            Yes, I agree. I was wondering if that was one of the tweaks done in the reedit. Cavill looked good and it was a nice portrayal IMO.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, it was definitely great to finally see the vibrant colours in Superman's suit. I'm so glad they didn't desaturate it like they did in MoS and BvS.

And I too would love to see some of the material that they deleted and/or reshot, but I feel it's unlikely we ever will.
                              I suspect the Blu-ray will contain some extended scenes and minor deletions, but those sequences they allegedly reshot drastically altering the tone of the movie will likely remain a mystery.
                              Last edited by Bruce Banner; Nov 18, '17, 9:52 AM.
                              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MegoSteve
                                Superman's Pal
                                • Jun 17, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                                Enjoyed it. Say what you will but it's the first time that Cavill got to play Superman.
                                I've been super-down on Snyder's DC movies, but that comment makes me want to see it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎