X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by MegoMonk
    I saw the movie on and enjoyed it. Flash could have been a little less geeky. I was not familiar with Steppenwolf. Can't say I found him too compelling, but he at least served a purpose of getting these heroes together. I wonder who they will add to the team in the next movie. I would love to see it be Guy Gardner, but doubt that will happen.
    I would like to see Green Arrow added to the team, would make a nice addition.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
      Creature Of The Night
      • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
      I watched it yesterday...IMAX, no 3D. $17.50.

Was it worth it?

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!

I loved it!!!!!!

Was it perfect? No. Steppenwolf SUCKED! What a lame villain, lame CGI. That goes for his mosquitoes army too, lol.

But what I loved were the Justice League members themselves...starting with a FINALLY affable, decent, bright-colored Superman...OH HELL YEAH!!!!! He finally gets the respect he deserves. Without him, there’s no Justice League, period. Now I’m wishing with all my might we get a truly deserving Superman solo movie...deserving of praise like the Christopher Reeve’s ones. Thank you, Henry Cavill.

Wonder Woman...she gives me goosebumps just like Superman does. The bank heist scene was awesome. Gal Gadot is just perfection. Whomever made the final casting decision should be awarded a Nobel Prize, lol.

The Flash. What I’m about to say might get some of you quickly hating me...but I much prefer Ezra Miller to Grant Gustin. I loved his portrayal, funny, cool, exciting, fresh. Sure, he started unsure of himself, but you could see by the end...he was as heroic as anyone. I just don’t dig Gustin’s angsty take on the Flash, although he does sport the better costume. I hope Miller’s get redesigned for his next one.

Aquaman. Yes, not your traditional take on the character, but I dug the heck outta of Jason Momoa. He was the angry one in the beginning, but by the end, he was just a cool dude. Just wished he got to use more of his aquatic powers...he seemed to struggle a bit on the tunnel...that should’ve been child’s play to him.

Cyborg. I don’t get the hate for him. Sure, Martian Manhunter or Jon Stewart’s Green Lantern would’ve been cooler...but Cyborg was an intrical part of the team, his computer savviness was good to have. Plus Ray Fisher has a GREAT voice...almost James Earl Jones like.

...and finally...BATMAN. Critics says Affleck sleepwalked through the role. I highly disagree. He chilled out, displayed some humor. His first action sequence was very reminiscent of the 1989 Tim Burton Batman. Affleck also alllowed himself to be the recipient of some physical chastising (courtesy of Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Superman). As I have stated before, Batfleck is physically the most imposing-looking on screen live action Batman ever. Having said that...Adam West and Christian Bale are still the best Bruce Waynes.

As I said, not perfect, aside from the lame CGI villain...I’m still not enamored by Amy Adams’ Lois Lane and her “show up anywhere and everywhere” scenes.

It was a simple by the numbers movie, I’d say derivative of The Avengers...so it didn’t break any new ground in that aspect. But it brought my childhood favorite superheroes to life...and gave them some heart. Thank god it was not Batman v Superman...or even Man of Steel. Justice League felt more like the stand alone Wonder Woman movie. Now that Zack Snyder is totally out of the picture...I strongly feel the next wave of DC Extended Universe movies are going to be much improved.

We as comic book geeks need and want both DC and Marvel to thrive equally, best of both worlds.

Amen!

Glad you enjoyed it Hector, I appreciate your experience. I share your perpective on Superman & Wonder Woman, and have high hopes for another full-length Cavill/Superman movie too.

I wish I had more time time to engage in this thread, but have really enjoyed reading everyone's reviews.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Why, thank you, my friend...

This review is spot on...

I always enjoy the Reel Rejects YouTube channel...

sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

JL was much better than BVS and its completely illogical and convoluted "plot", the fact that almost all the characters are pretentious and wooden, the fact that the movie is terribly bloated due to trying to do too many things at once, the fact that the villain is one of the ****tiest villains of any movie ever..

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
            Rumours of Affleck hanging up the cowl continue to circulate: https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#56d5920a4b91

But in the meantime here's Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke, expected to feature prominently in the solo Batman movie:

actually that changed when Aflec dropped directing and then the next guy dropped it as well (Matt reeves?). they are changing the Batman movie up altogether and rumor is not that Deathstroke will get his own movie

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Pic makes me now realize how great Clancy Brown would have been as Deathstroke

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
                Pic makes me now realize how great Clancy Brown would have been as Deathstroke
                Never thought of that but yeah, he'd be cool. And again, they have a perfectly good one already cast on Arrow in Manu Bennett so why not just use him?
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• knight errant00
                  8 Inch Action Figure
                  • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                  ***Spoilers***
                  Love how Supes shocked the Flash...being able to follow him, that scene was funny as heck...
                  My favorite funny bit in the whole movie!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Brief rundown of the scenes from the trailers which weren't in the final movie:

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

maybe some of those scenes will find their way onto the bluray

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Justice League had more than usual, but so many movies nowadays have so many unused trailer scenes, or altered ones, it's hard to know what you're going to see. At least it's more of a surprising experience at the cinema!

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

even going back as far as Empire Strikes Back that was happening. there is the infamous scene where 3po rips off the warning sign on the door where the wampas were trapped

Comment

• phil
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 11, 2007

I was a bit surprised Wonder Woman's "Shall we?" didn't make it into the film. Much like Jyn Erso's "I rebel" line in the trailers for Rogue One.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 3, 2009

Why Critics Are Wrong About Justice League

Author Thumbnail
                              Jon Arvedon
                              November 30, 2017 10:55 AM
                              1 / 4 PREVIOUSNEXT
                              #1- The Rotten Tomatoes Audience Score Is Double The Tomatometer

Feature Detail
                              According to Rotten Tomatoes, Justice League is currently sitting at a less-than-stellar 41%. However, that’s based solely on critic reviews.

As for the audience score? 82%. That puts Justice League in relatively close proximity to the 88% audience score of all three of Marvel Studios’ 2017 films: Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The merits (or lack thereof) of Rotten Tomatoes’ aggregation methods are an entirely different debate, but the fact remains that out of over 100,000 user ratings, 82% of fans enjoyed Justice League versus the 165 critics who said the film was “Rotten.”

somethings definitely rotten here and it aint just the tomatoes
                              Last edited by libby 1957dog; Dec 4, '17, 9:18 AM.

Comment

• Moxen
                                Museum Patron
                                • Nov 6, 2016

Fair disclosure, I am a DC fan. Didn't care for Marvel when I was a kid, Batman fan all the way.

Finally saw Justice League and overall it wasn't too bad. There was a lot more humor in this film compared to B vs S, lighter tone and lots of Wonder Woman, which is a big plus.

But IMO, completely excluding Darkseid for Steppenwolf is unforgivable. It should have been kept as a two-parter or they should have worked Darkseid in towards the end. They didn't even tease that he could be coming, with his only mention being a single "for Darkseid" in the middle of the film.

Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman were sadly under developed, getting a brief origin synopsis each. If I weren't already familiar with these characters I would have a hard time appreciating how great they really are. Having seen expanded universes done the Marvel and DC ways, I prefer Marvel's by far. I wish DC could do it as well as Marvel does : (

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎