• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Justice League SPOILERS thread

***Spoilers***

I have not seen it yet, but I don’t care about being spoiled...I wanna know everything, lol.

I found this awesome scene where Supes first encounters the assembled Justice League team.

Supes vs JL encounter...

I grinned from ear to ear...Supes was handling all of them with ease...and finally showed Batman who is boss, ha.

DO YOU BLEED???

At least Batman made a funny at the end...

sigpic
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

***Spoilers***

Love how Supes shocked the Flash...being able to follow him, that scene was funny as heck...

sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Since I'm not really that shocked by spoilers, I watched the scene and found it most satisfying to see Kal-El open a can of whoop-arse on his soon-to-be-colLEAGUEs. Hopefully on the big screen, the visual effects will appear less dicey. Also, aren't thy kind of flying in the face of Superman canon by having him be able to go toe-to-toe with Diana? Her powers are, after all, based in magic, which should be tantamount to kryptonite for the Big S. Also, why is he wandering around in Metropolis? I got the impression at the end of BvS that he was buried in Smallville. Having Lois as "the big gun" felt a little cliched, as well, but it IS a movie based on comics...

PS: As an aside, if Superman has been buried for six months, wouldn't his strength levels be somewhat diminished?
      Last edited by emeraldknight47; Nov 16, '17, 1:34 AM. Reason: Adding a PS
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I’ve seen that scene at least 20 times already, ha. One thing I took from it...is that the audience relished Superman telling Batman if he bleeds...they clapped and cheered. Looks like they were rooting for Supes. It also might be an indicator that many simply don’t like Batfleck, lol...
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
          Having Lois as "the big gun" felt a little cliched.

PS: As an aside, if Superman has been buried for six months, wouldn't his strength levels be somewhat diminished?
          Lois is always showing up, that part has always bothered me. Yes, cliched. But not anything not seen before, it always happens.

On your second inquiry. Supes had enough sunlight to replenished himself to full capacity...

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

You make an interesting point about Wonder Woman vs. Supes that I hadn't considered, though it's my go-to argument for Superman vs. Capt. Marvel.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

unfortunately the scene has been removed

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                You make an interesting point about Wonder Woman vs. Supes that I hadn't considered, though it's my go-to argument for Superman vs. Capt. Marvel.
                Yep. Just look at the events at the end of "Kingdom Come." Capt. Marvel came really close to turning Supes into a french fry...
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

Well, I'll start. The movie is a rushed mess. It doesn't develop any of the new characters at all and relies on you having seen the prior movies to have any care about Wonder Woman, Supes, and Batman. The bad guy, Steppenwolf, is generic. There is, at least, a little humor, but still not enough fun for a movie of this type. Superman does provide the only spark when he appears, but that is quite a ways into the movie and definitely too late. Just a major missed opportunity on this one. Ezra Miller as Flash has potential, but is under utilized. But, man, was I sure relieved that the unnamed random Russian family survives in the end. You'll understand when you see it.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

So WHO is Alfred talking to in the Batcave? Anyone care to spill the beans on that?

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

Unless I snoozed for a minute, that scene isn't in the movie. If you're talking about the "Let's hope you're not too late" scene.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Goblin19
                        Unless I snoozed for a minute, that scene isn't in the movie. If you're talking about the "Let's hope you're not too late" scene.
                        Well, doesn't THAT just suck. 'Course, I've heard from various reviewers that A LOT of what has been seen in various trailers never made the final cut.

Comment

• WannabeMego
                          Made in the USA
                          • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by Goblin19
                          You are correct...It was not in the Movie
                          Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• WannabeMego
                            Made in the USA
                            • May 2, 2003

I was happy that they didn't utter the word 'Martha', because there was one scene where I thought for a second, 'THEY BETTER NOT SAY THAT OR I'M LEAVING RIGHT NOW!!!'.

Still gathering my overall thoughts, but in general, it was a HUGE missed opportunity...COULDA/WOULDA/SHOULDA been sooo much better...but not gut-wrenchingly awful either.

See it as a Cheap Matinee and be glad that these characters are off the page & on the screen, albeit not necessarily better, but at least the ball is rolling...the course can always be changed & corrected.

Just My Opinion for What it's Worth.
                            Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Thank god no MARTHA, lol...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎