Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

I generally disregard the majority of movie reviews on websites, and also in newspapers and magazines.
    For the most part, so called film critics have absolutely no merit.
    If I'm interested in a movie, I'll go see it and make up my own mind.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Goblin19
      Steppenwolf reminded me of the bad guy in Guardians of the Galaxy, just as generic as can be.
      At least Ronan the Accuser was played by a real human being, Lee Pace. Way better than bad CGI Steppenwolf.
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

As much I'm going to defend Justice League, we can all agree Steppenwolf was a bad idea.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Yes, agreed. Big Justice League defender here...except for CGI Steppenwolf...let him have it, lol...
          sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

^Yeah, I was really hoping for Darkseid.

The ending of JL kinda crushed me as well...Lex Luthor AGAIN?!

For crying out loud there are so many GREAT DC villains...start using them and let's move on from friggin Lex Luthor already!

I remember when Superman Returns came out...I was hoping for a sequel with Bizarro. They had the PERFECT setup for him. When Luthor stabbed Superman with that Kryptonite shiv, he had Superman's blood all over him. Bizarro could have been a failed cloning experiment, tainted by the Kryptonite radiation. It practically writes itself.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

The really galling thing about Steppenwolf is I want these DC movies, if they're going all Fourth World, to embrace the Kirbyness. At least suggest his art. Steppenwolf was not merely lifeless but poorly-designed.

It's ironic that Thanatos, created as a Darkseid rip-off, is now more iconic because Warners has been so far behind the curve.

I agree somewhat about Luthor, but I can't deny I'm excited about seeing him create the SSSV--with Darkseid as secret sponsor as in the comics?
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Yeah, I’m so sick of Lex Luthor too...
                sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

^I know you've been turned off by the Flash for a while, but they have a REALLY good villain now...the Thinker.
                  All indications are this guy is gonna be a real badass. You should check it out.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by enyawd72
                    ^Yeah, I was really hoping for Darkseid.
                    Yeah...I was really surprised to find out that Darkseid was not the Big Bad in JL. I just assumed all along that he would be.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
                      ^I know you've been turned off by the Flash for a while, but they have a REALLY good villain now...the Thinker.
                      All indications are this guy is gonna be a real badass. You should check it out.
                      Until Iris gets killed off...or at the very least, drop her current “I’m the Flash” boss shtick...
                      sigpic

Comment

• phil
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 11, 2007

I will pile on and agree that Steppenwolf was a huge mistake. I have less than no interest in seeing this version of Lex Luthor again. I hated him in Batman vs Siperman.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                          The Man of Many Voices
                          • Aug 30, 2005

The first time I saw Justice League was in 3D with my fiancee. We both loved it!! Since this is her work week, I went and saw it again, this time in IMAX and guess what! I STILL love it!!! And it leaves me wanting more!!!! I am also convinced that the critics and especially RT are biased against DC and pro Marvel. Now I am a DC fan, but I can enjoy a good Marvel movie too. But both comic book companies deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to these blockbuster movies. I couldn't believe even Batman said something funny, following Superman saying to him "Tell me. Do you bleed?" And after Batman is hurled to the ground, he says Oh yeah! Something's definitely bleeding." And similar to Steve Trevor in the animated Wonder Woman movie, I loved that Aquaman was opening up and he realized he was sitting on Wonder Woman's magic lasso. But I couldn't make out what he said to the Flash. Justice League was not a perfect movie, but far better than what the idiot critics were saying. My only complaint was the selected villain. If it be the Fourth World, why couldn't they have had Darkseid or Kalibak? Unless you read the Fourth World comics, audiences would not be familiar with Steppenwolf. The only reasons I knew of him was because of the action figure in the Kenner Super Powers toyline and his appearances in Superman: The Animated Series and a cameo in Justice League's animated series. But I loved everything else. I also loved the Superman VS Flash race, and seeing Lex Luthor interact with Deathstroke. I will probably go see it again this weekend. Altogether, I will make it four times watching this movie or maybe five before I buy the BluRay release. JL is so awesome, I just can't get enough of it. Two Thumbs Up!!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Eisenberg's Lex almost killed all the good vibes I had for the movie. I truly loathe that take on Lex. And yes, I'm honestly sick of the character as well. I'd love to see Brainiac, Bizarro, even Terra Man for crying out loud!

But the idea of the SSoSV/Injustice League/Legion of Doom is intriguing and would actually give them a leg up on Marvel. They haven't done the Masters of Evil yet.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

going to see it tomorrow, can't wait

Comment

• Boywonder0
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Mego Milk