X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by Goblin19
    While I disliked Justice League, I'm certainly not a hater. I wish it had done better domestically, but the international market seems to be picking it up quite a bit.
    The International box office will have to be significant since this will have to hit $600-$700 million to break even. These movies usually have a noticeable drop in the domestic box office the second week so it will be interesting to see what happens. I liked the movie but didn't think it was great. I want the movie to succeed so Warner Brothers/DC will continue making comic book based movies. Sooner or later either a DC or Marvel movie will be a major boxoffice disappointment.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I don't know if I'd brand someone who went to see the movie for themselves and found it disappointing a "Marvel hater" by any means.

I think there is a small group out there on social media who want it to fail and hate it without seeing it. When I posted on social media that I personally enjoyed the film, I was treated to an angry diatribe as to why I am wrong by someone who clearly hadn't seen it. Passion is weird.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^I was expecting that, but I've yet to see it personally. But I know it's out there.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by WannabeMego
          That *****s is gettin' old & tired...so if anyone doesn't like it as much as you think they should, they're DC Haters...Really?!?!

SMH
          It's the internet...you're not allowed to have an opinion!

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

The internet is indeed a strange place. I really cannot stand internet rage any more. I used to find it funny in fits and starts, but now it just ticks me off.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Goblin19
              The internet is indeed a strange place. I really cannot stand internet rage any more. I used to find it funny in fits and starts, but now it just ticks me off.
              It's because it's just ....everywhere now. You can't post a photo of flowers with out somebody screaming "I'm allergic to the damn things! stamp em out!".
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

Yes, people are looking for s reason at this point. I have so many stories about people reacting to the most Innocuous things with just unbridled fury.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Jesus shows up on Earth and saves humanity right in front of all of us to see...and yet he will still get thumbs down on the YouTube comments section...

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                    I'll probably go see it again. Obviously many of you saw something in it that I didn't. I'm willing to give it another chance.
                    I plan to see it again, too. Will it pass the "purchase test"? IDK, sometimes I grow to pick something apart, sometimes I can still go along for the ride.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Jesus shows up on Earth and saves humanity right in front of all of us to see...and yet he will still get thumbs down on the YouTube comments section...
                      Hector, that is hilarious. And sadly true.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

I didn't hate it, and I don't think I used that word in my critique. In fact, if they release it on 3D Blu Ray, I will probably buy it. I can enjoy critiquing and studying movies I find highly flawed, even if the movie didn't hit the right beats for me personally. I like to think that's different than both internet rage or being a hater. You have to figure this is a bit of a hotbutton property, and there are going to be dissenting opinions on it, even here in our fun Mego Museum family.

And as for the alcohol thing, for whatever reason, I hold the fictional characters of Batman and the Superfriends to a higher standard than I do Tony Stark, who had raging alcohol problems in his comic stories when I was growing up. Marvel actually used his alcoholism as an issue to deal with using the comics medium. Downey offering Loki a drink in Avengers had a different feel than Aquaman downing his bourbon from the bottle. I'm not explaining it well, I know. It just struck me as very in your face that half the Justice League were hittin' the bottle.

I'm such a little kid, I swear if Jeremy Irons brought Affleck a glass of 2%, I'd have stood out of my seat and slow clapped.

See, this is why I like Creepshow. You get Adrienne Barbeau mixing whole milk with her whiskey, then taking the milky concoction for a drive to see the beast in the crate. It's the best of both worlds.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
                          Hey, little Bruce Wayne got drunk in Gotham...

and high judging by the huge bong that was on the table

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I have no problem with folks that didn't like it. I just have a problem with people telling me I shouldn't like it, and especially with those who get angry enough about it to start trying to belittle me for it. I haven't had any of that here, or anywhere yet, honestly. But, unfortunately, I'm kind of waiting.

I like and or love most of the Marvel films to one degree or another. The only one I'm kind of "eh" on is Iron Man 3, and it's mostly due to that damn twist.

I'm kind of "meh" on MoS now, and I actively dislike BvS for it's wrong-headedness now. Suicide Squad was just harmlessly dumb. Like a big budget 80s action movie with some DC characters thrown in. The Batman scenes were really nice, IMHO.

So even though I'm more of a DC guy, I will never deny that Marvel Studios has their formula down pat, and DC has struggled from the get-go. But I do feel they got WW near perfect, and JL very close to right. Close enough for me to really enjoy my time at the movies.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Good to know Chris, because I trust your opinion very much. I still haven't seen it yet...but I'm looking forward to it.
                              sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 10, 2009

Well thank goodness they explained the BvS Flash Time Travel scene....

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎