X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

Kirkman's History of Comics

First episode, centered on Marvel's impact on the industry, seemed to do a fairly good job of giving credit where credit was due. I thought it was about as fair to Lee, Kirby and Ditko as anything else I've seen. That said, I still get a little peeved at how Stan Lee in little ways he puts things gathers in all the authorship he can regarding the creation of those characters.

My feeling is that neither of the three creators would have succeeded without the others. If all three fell down a well, I see Stan talking the others into allowing him to climb up their shoulders to get out for help and then he climbed out and left.
  • ProfessorArturoLived
    • Sep 22, 2017

Finally got around to seeing this. I found it to be well done, reasonable, and fair.
    For any who see it, I believe the Dean & Jerry reference is the perfect summation. "I just wish you had done that more." Ouch.

Slightly behind only my family, these guys crafted characters who helped define who I want to be. Maybe someday I will get there.

I can already tell you that I WILL shed a tear on the day Stan passes.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I expected to hate this show and that it wouldn't tell me anything I didn't know.

I like it, not a lot of it is new to me but i think it's the first time I've seen it presented in a documentary format before.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

I've really enjoyed the heck out of each episode so far. Yeah, a lot of if I already knew, but some of it is new and it's all being presented in a fresher format, which is good. I thought the recent 9/11 episode was very good.
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Bravestarr
          Museum Super Collector
          • Mar 26, 2017

Been watching not bad

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡