Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Just got back from seeing Incredibles 2 and it's an awesome movie! The whole family loved it and tons of people were clapping at the end. Lots of cool easter eggs and nods to other movies and tv shows. I want to go back to see it a 2nd time to try to catch everything.

If you liked the first one you'll like this one.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

Went to a matinee showing this afternoon. Everything that made me love the first movie was flowing through the sequel. Lots'a fun and great family dynamics. I had a feeling Jack-Jack was going to steal the show and was not wrong. Forgot how fun it is to go to a movie and getting to hear a bunch of little kids laugh like crazy and having a good time. I wish we could get a "Fantastic Four" movie with the kind of heart the Incredibles movies have.

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

Incredibles is one of my favorite movies ever. The sequel did not disappoint.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

If it took them 14 years to get a sequel THAT right, then it was definitely worth the wait. I loved the first film, and this one was honestly just as good. It deserves all the money it's raking in (biggest animated opening ever, and #8 on all-time openings period).

I really wanted to just go and watch it again immediately afterwards. Planning to see it again this coming weekend.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• megowgsh
            Customego HoF Curator
            • Nov 19, 2003

I just thought is was okay. 14 years in the making? Really? For this?

I knew it was not going to be that great when before the movie they ran a "commercial" with all the stars of the movie telling me how great it was going to be.

I already bought my ticket and I am sitting here waiting to see the film. And, you have to come out before it starts and reaffirm I made the right decision? I knew right then and there it was going to disappoint.

2 out of 4 stars
            Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Austin, you're obviously a victim of the Screenslaver.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by megowgsh
                I just thought is was okay. 14 years in the making? Really? For this?

I knew it was not going to be that great when before the movie they ran a "commercial" with all the stars of the movie telling me how great it was going to be.

I already bought my ticket and I am sitting here waiting to see the film. And, you have to come out before it starts and reaffirm I made the right decision? I knew right then and there it was going to disappoint.

2 out of 4 stars
                that was a little odd to run a promo for a movie you are already paid and waiting for.
                The film short was also not great. It was fine, but I just didn't need it.

But the movie was INCREDIBLE!!!!!
                Sure I liked the first one better, but it is one of my favorite movies of all time, so I didn't expect 2 to be as good.

The only way this is a 2 out of 4 is if there a four movies in the series.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Coco also had a little "behind the scenes" clip in front of it, talking about honoring Mexican culture. I thought that was in response to some folks thinking they were exploiting it, but maybe Disney/Pixar is just doing this now.

It may also be part of a PR campaign to show OTHER folks are behind these films, since John Lasseter left in disgrace.

The short was cute but ODD. At one point I had no idea what the hell I was watching. And everyone else in the packed theater apparently felt the same.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• YoungOnce
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    It may also be part of a PR campaign to show OTHER folks are behind these films, since John Lasseter left in disgrace.Chris
                    I hadn't thought about that, but it makes sense from the public relations angle.

I know I'm late to this party, but we just got around to seeing this. Absolutely loved the first one and thought every beat was perfect.

This one was good but seemed a bit more talky-talky. Still, it's a good movie.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 29, 2018

The way Pixar always drops eggs for the next movie... Could Johnny and Bandit somehow happen?

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                        Career Member
                        • Nov 22, 2011

I love this movie. We haven't seen the new one yet but, we will.
                        "No capes!"
                        "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎