Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Episode of Star Trek Continues is on TONITE!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GlobalObserver
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 12, 2004

This series was an interesting curiosity, but it needed better written scripts.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
      I liken it to a tribute band.
      That's a pretty good analogy, too. Lol.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• trekman101
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2009

The enterprise refit was a total rebuild of the ship it took 18 months which was soon after the five year mission (Scotty referred to this in tmp ) at that time the ship was approximately 20 years old.After tmp Kirk continued as captain for about 10 or more years (phase 2). Then the ship was used as a training vessel under captain Spock (Star Trek 2). In trek 3 the fleet admiral said the enterprise was 20 years old (after the rebuild).....in reality the ship was about 50 years old that’s why he said she had had her time (as one of the oldest active ships in the fleet)
        The ship the crew got at the end of trek 4 was actually the recently decommissioned Yorktown ( which was the enterprises sister ship built Beside her 50 years preyer)
        This is based the on time line according to the Star Trek encyclopedia
        Last edited by trekman101; Nov 21, '17, 7:08 AM.
        "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by trekman101
          The enterprise refit was a total rebuild of the ship it took 18 months which was soon after the five year mission (Scotty referred to this in tmp ) at that time the ship was approximately 20 years old.After tmp Kirk continued as captain for about 10 or more years (phase 2). Then the ship was used as a training vessel under captain Spock (Star Trek 2). In trek 3 the fleet admiral said the enterprise was 20 years old (after the rebuild).....in reality the ship was about 50 years old that’s why he said she had had her time (as one of the oldest active ships in the fleet)
          The ship the crew got at the end of trek 4 was actually the recently decommissioned Yorktown ( which was the enterprises sister ship built Beside her 50 years preyer)
          This is based the on time line according to the Star Trek encyclopedia
          Thanks so much for the info!
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Spyweb007
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 18, 2006

That makes sense, I just always assumed the missing years would have been between the series and the Motion Picture, not between TMP and Wrath of Kahn. Either way, I'm going to miss this series, it was very well done and after seeing the original series episodes over and over it was a real treat to be able to find new episodes with Kirk and crew to watch.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎