Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Last Episode of Star Trek Continues is on TONITE!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

The Last Episode of Star Trek Continues is on TONITE!

And so it concludes. "To Boldly Go, Pt. 2" will be on YouTube, Vimeo and startrekcontinues.com tonight at 6pm (PST) , 9pm (EST). Even though I've seen it, I'm still excited, but very sad that it's ending.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I'll be watching it!!

Comment

• HardyGirl
      • Apr 3, 2007

Wow, what an underwhelming response. I hope more of you guys watch it. It leaves the crew of the Enterprise right where the Motion Picture picked them up.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I watched it ... enjoyed it but didn't love it.

Thought they threw in too much fan candy especially toward the end.

If they would have ended the episode right after the conclusion on the story with no STTMP tie-ins it would have been a lot better imo.

That said, it was still very enjoyable and still the best new "Trek" out there.

Comment

• Spyweb007
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 18, 2006

I thought it was very good, I know they had to scramble to end the series because of the restrictions on fan films imposed by Paramount, and thought they did a good job of both tying into the first episode of the original series and setting things in place for the Motion Picture. only thing that bugs me a bit is he timeline, as in Star Trek 2 Kirk hasn't seen Khan in fifteen years, since their encounter during the five year mission. It seems like Kirk and crew must have had several years more of missions on the Enterprise between the original five year mission and the re-fit of the Enterprise and the first movie. Sad to see this series end, the people behind it have done a great job and I'm glad they got to do the ending episode that they had planned.

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 18, 2015

These last two episodes are absolutely phenomenal. They show how good Trek could be.
            The hands that grip.

Comment

• HardyGirl
              • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Mikey
              I watched it ... enjoyed it but didn't love it.

Thought they threw in too much fan candy especially toward the end.

If they would have ended the episode right after the conclusion on the story with no STTMP tie-ins it would have been a lot better imo.

That said, it was still very enjoyable and still the best new "Trek" out there.
              Fan Candy? Leaving the cast at where the Motion Picture picked them up was exactly the point. It provided answers to all those unanswered questions when TMP started like Why did Kirk give up his ship, What made Spock go back to Vulcan to pursue the Kolinar, why did McCoy quit Starfleet altogether? Now we know.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

That was so amazingly awesome!!

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                  Fan Candy? Leaving the cast at where the Motion Picture picked them up was exactly the point. It provided answers to all those unanswered questions when TMP started like Why did Kirk give up his ship, What made Spock go back to Vulcan to pursue the Kolinar, why did McCoy quit Starfleet altogether? Now we know.
                  But it's just too perfect Sharry

It seems to me the distance between the last 5 year mission and The Motion Picture is at least a good 10 years --- see Nurse Chapel becoming a Doctor -- even though Uhura, Sulu and Chekov seem to have just stayed the same rank -- unlikely ... by this time Uhura would at LEAST be a captain of some-sort of science ship vessel

Yes, my hand is now public for all to see ... I'm in love with Lt Uhura.

No way she would being doing the same job from Season-3 to TMP
                  Last edited by Mikey; Nov 18, '17, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

Umm...I don't think it took 10 years for the Enterprise to be re-fit. Weren't they still working the bugs out by the time Admiral Kirk came back on board? 5 years possibly, but not 10.

Originally posted by Mikey
                    But it's just too perfect Sharry

It seems to me the distance between the last 5 year mission and The Motion Picture is at least a good 10 years --- see Nurse Chapel becoming a Doctor -- even though Uhura, Sulu and Chekov seem to have just stayed the same rank -- unlikely ... by this time Uhura would at LEAST be a captain of some-sort of science ship vessel

Yes, my hand is now public for all to see ... I'm in love with Lt Uhura.

No way she would being doing the same job from Season-3 to TMP

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                      Umm...I don't think it took 10 years for the Enterprise to be re-fit. Weren't they still working the bugs out by the time Admiral Kirk came back on board? 5 years possibly, but not 10.
                      Hmmm, I wondering (if you forget about Continues for a moment) perhaps Phase 2 (not the current fan production) actually did happen ?

After the first 5 year mission the Enterprise got her new paintjob and warp engines then after THAT she was fixed up again for The Motion Picture 5 years later ?

In Trek 3 Admiral Morrow said "Jim, the Enterprise is 20 years old. We feel her day is over"

BTW, I love this kinda hypothetical talk

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Don't even have interest in part 2 of this, it was hard enough to sit thru part one, it looks all nice and everything, just felt more than a bit bleh. There are only a couple of the episodes I liked.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          Don't even have interest in part 2 of this, it was hard enough to sit thru part one, it looks all nice and everything, just felt more than a bit bleh. There are only a couple of the episodes I liked.
                          Now you're starting to sound like me

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

I feel like I am watching a Civil War reenactment. Ohh, and that Civil War Episode bored me to hit the stop button and never finished it.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              I feel like I am watching a Civil War reenactment. Ohh, and that Civil War Episode bored me to hit the stop button and never finished it.
                              I liken it to a tribute band.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎