X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Is MIB41 MIA?

Haven't seen a post from Tom since April. Anyone know if he's ok?
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing. He was a pretty frequent poster here for a long time, then nothing.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I got notice he unfriended me on FB, I don't know why. We never had any sort of spat and I wish him well.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• warlock664
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 15, 2009

I remember he got pretty upset earlier this year when the Cowboys lost in the playoffs. He had a pretty harsh back-and-forth with Hector, I believe. But that was in January, and he remained active after that. I've never understood why people take professional sports results so personally.

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Hector and I have argued back and forth over Cavs and Warriors. It's fun. Nothing to get upset about.

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Goblin19
            Hector and I have argued back and forth over Cavs and Warriors. It's fun. Nothing to get upset about.
            Yeah, I agree. Part of the fun of it is trash-talking each other about it. But some folks take it super personally.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

He last visited here in August. I was wondering about him, too--I enjoyed Tom here. He's taken some breaks in the past, I hope all is well.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

i love Tom, i really hope he's cool.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

it's ironic tis was posted today, I just noticed this morning I had not seen him around in a while and was wondering about him. hope all is well for him

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

I've had nothing but very positive interactions with him, hope he's ok!

Comment

• jacoblb
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2009

Ditto, hope he's doing well. I've enjoyed reading his commentary over the years. Sometimes us hobbyists need to check out and recharge, hopefully that's all it is.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

I dunno how facebook or myspace and stuff works (don't mess with any of them) ...

Could "unfriended" maybe mean they just haven't updated it ?

Can't image anybody being mad at Bri ........ That would be like being mad at Christopher Reeve for portraying Superman so radically

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                          Museum Paramedic
                          • Aug 31, 2005

* No, unfriending is not and can’t really be accidental or take place because of an oversite.

- Ian
                          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Makernaut
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                            * No, unfriending is not and can’t really be accidental or take place because of an oversite.

- Ian
                            Exactly. But, with all things Facebook, the very act does not equal what we often assume to be the "real life" equivalent. It can, of course, be as dramatic as all that, but it can also be a simple case of "moving on to the next thing". Doesn't necessarily have to be something akin to "I don't ever want to see you or talk to you again".

Case in point: I left a job I worked at for 10 years. After about a year, I had to slowly start blocking certain former co-workers because I got tired of only hearing from them in cases of "I'm working on this project and you used to be so good at those kind of things. Tell me, step-by-step, how I can get the same results." Or "Hermie microwaved fish in the breakroom, again. What a tool."

Not the same thing as being on the Museum, but my point is, I had no ill-will, at all; I had just "moved on".

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

^ Thars absolutely correct, as well. And, I didn’t mean to imply as much.

Of course, Tom may have just moved on. I was speaking really to the technical aspects of unfriending on Facebook. And, in regard to that, I suppose one could accidentally click on the wrong person to unfriend, but it’s not likely. Though, if that did happen, you’d most likely realize it and act to re-friend the person.

- Ian
                              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎