Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

When you unfriend somebody does it send an email saying "this guy thinks you aren't the bee's knee's anymore - so go F yourself"

In other words, do they tell you why ?

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

You don't get notified when someone unfriends you.
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

no, you do not get a notice that someone unfriended you. it could be as simple as Tom is clearing out some of the friend list, most people do it from time to time and clear out people they don't really communicate with often.

Comment

• starsky
          veteran member
          • Aug 26, 2007

tom's a good guy. we've had good conversations on the mm. it looks like he's deactivated his fb account. hope he's doing ok.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

^With all of the garbage on Facebook any more,I don't blame him.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

^This! It crosses my mind from time to time, but I don’t do it because it’s the only way for me to keep in contact with many of the people who I grew up with and I can keep up with some distant relatives that way as well. None of that is such a big deal, but I feel as though I should keep my account open for those reasons...kind of a just in case. That said, I rarely go through my Facebook feed anymore. It always seems like the same thing over and over and over. Of course, it is not, it just feels that way since so many of people’s posts are very similar to previous ones. These days, I find going through my feed to be tedious.

Tom closed his account? I sure hope he’s all right. That’s a bit troubling.

From the techniqual side of Facebook, if you close your account, don’t you automatically unfriend everyone? I’d think so, but am not sure.

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

no, if you close your account it just shows as deactivated on your friends list, but the person is still on the list

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

^ Gotcha! I was trying to remember for sure, and that seemed like something I recalled.

So, I guess while the unfriending is intentional, it could be that it was done for a variety of reasons.

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I was just thinking about Tom the other day. I got to hang out with him several times at our old Ohio Mego get-togethers, and we even got to meet Jackson Bostwick together at Lexington Comic Con. He's a great guy.

He and Emerald Knight are close. I wonder if he has any info?
                    sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Hey everyone. I just wanted to take a few minutes to jump in and say hi. First let me say thank you for the well wishes. Second let me say to Brian we are good. My Facebook account was deactivated because I only used that as an extension to my hobby which is why I used similar themes from my avatar here to denote that. I never used it as much of a social channel to my personal life.

But I’ve chosen to take myself out of the hobby for now because, quite frankly, I have too much stuff. When you have to pay for storage of your hobby, you’ve entered the world of denial where you either start pumping the brakes or go off the cliff. I had a separate property that I used to house allot of stuff that my collector room could not display. But once I started remodeling that to sell, it became apparent I had to make some personal changes.

Unfortunately I can’t make those adjustments and stay in circles where that topic dominates the conversation. I guess it’s like any vice, you either go cold turkey or you surrender. So if I was going to make life changes, it meant I had to start letting go of the areas that helped feed those issues. That awareness meant I needed to back away from the forum and eliminate my Facebook page which I seldom went to anyway. But in doing that I could (and should) have handled it better.

So I apologize to Brian and anyone else who might have felt my departure had personal implications attached. It’s just Tom going through some deconstruction right now. Hopefully when I get myself in a better place (with no additional storage) I can come back and just enjoy the space without the financial waste I impose on myself.

My health is good and family life is eventful. My grandson’s dad just got signed by the Dallas Cowboys. He hasn’t started yet, but he will. His name is Daniel Ross and he will play defensive tackle. You can Google him and see the story. Brian to say the CFL paid dividends is an understatement. To think my favorite team since childhood would find a family member in the fold is quite frankly surreal. Bank my trophy case will soon have a game helmet in it.

So let me complete my thoughts with a wish for all to have a happy and safe holiday. Stay warm, stay well, and let’s have an early toast to the upcoming new year (Hector pull out the Cobo). All my best and never give up on your dreams. Hope to see all of you again.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

God love yah Tom. You've always been one of my favourite people on here. All around classy guy. Cheers.
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Glad to hear everything is alright Tom and this is just some time of refection. That's the best case scenario.

Sounds like everyone is happy and well, enjoy your time off from stuff, I admire you for that.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Good to hear from you Tom. I completely understand going cold turkey. It's probably what I would have to do if I had the strength to end my addiction as well. ;-)

Exciting stuff! Wow, a Dallas Cowboy in the family! Amazing!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Wow, you have a real life Dallas Cowboys player in your family?

That’s pretty awesome!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

Glad to hear that everything is well Tom. Good to see that you are in control of your hobby and are not letting it control you.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎